This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling advice please....
Hi guy's. i've been offered a fantastic deal on a new full sus which i can't turn down so i'll be listing my bike for sale on line shortly. I'm wanting to know what you guy's think it's worth.

Spec:

Everything is in practically showroom condition, some stuff hasn't even been used, just fitted! The frame hasn't even got a noticeable scratch or any cable rub! Only marks are on one crank arm.

-Trek 6000 in black & white, has been used on 5 "proper rides" and a few trips to friends houses etc.  Bought end of last year.
-Rockshox reba sl's with motion control, lockout + & - air etc, used for 2 rides since new
-Mavic crossride wheelset, used for 2 rides since new
-Bontrager mud-x tyres, since i had the bike but tread is not noticeably worn from new
-Bontrager lock-on grips, just fitted, not ridden on
-Sram pc971 chain, new, just fitted
-Hope mono mini's, used for 2 rides, not even fully bedded in
-Shimano m520 (i think) spd pedals, had them from new
-cable guide for forks, had from new
-Selle Italia C2 gel saddle, used for 4 rides

With the bike and all of the parts it should have cost well over £1000-1200.

The brakes may be changed for brand new Hayes before sale but i'm unsure as of yet.

What do you guy's think it's worth?

-Hugh

resim
Split it up, your get much more money that way. Sell the bits on singletrackworld and ebay.
if you do go down the splitting way i know someone whos might take some of it of your hands
If Splitting, maybe Hugh or someone else could advise if those forks would fit on say.... A Trance?
"BMJBOY" Wrote:If Splitting, maybe Hugh or someone else could advise if those forks would fit on say.... A Trance?

Pretty sure they would, looks like there set to 85mm at the moment, take the spacer out inside and extend them to 100mm or 115mm. Nicks the man to ask on this.
"Buzz" Wrote:Pretty sure they would, looks like there set to 85mm at the moment, take the spacer out inside and extend them to 100mm or 115mm. Nicks the man to ask on this.

There 100mm at the moment, or at-least that's what the shop sold them to me as! The stanchions also looked noticeably longer than a friends 80mm marzocchi's.

Thanks

Hugh
They'd work nicely on a Trance, but i'd say my 130mm Revs are a lot better on the bike than my 115mm Rebas were