This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Sag
taking the risk of sounding stupid why do you cable tie round your fork stanchions? im sure theres a perfectly good reason i was just wondering Tongue

EDIT : god ade you could of tidied my post up before moving it Wink only joking Big Grin
cable tie lets you check max travel of forks. Doesn't keep the bikes clean tho evidently...
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:cable tie lets you check max travel of forks. Doesn't keep the bikes clean tho evidently...

also helps you setting them up when checkin for sag  lol dnt no any1 who has ever done this tho lol
they help by showing you how much sag u have  n depending on fork travel n other things u sud b able 2 figure out how much sag u need for the forks 2 work best

[Treehugger] Please stop typing in text speak! I can't stand it and i know I'm not the only one. Ta [Treehugger]
"As for sag, when you are standing up in the kind of attack position, aim for 25% sag so get some cable ties on, let all the air out to measure full travel then add air accordingly, probably need someone to assist with this and be careful when you get off the bike that you dont bounce it down etc"