This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared Space In Ashford!
[rant]
ok i was cycling through the new so called 'shared space' space today in ashford, when i was almost hit off my bike by some driver  >Sad, after stopping and having a right go at the driver (who was very sorry) i had a look around where it had occured.  There is no way of knowing where there is road where there is a curb and how the hell anyone manages to navigate it without knocking down peds or cyclists i dont know >Sad

its dangerous i tell you

[/rant]
So what's the idea of the 'shared space'?  Why not have a road and a pavement, or am i being a bit too traditional?
"pittgoat" Wrote:So what's the idea of the 'shared space'?  Why not have a road and a pavement, or am i being a bit too traditional?

i couldnt agree more with you, its been the greatest waste of money in ashford and has already caused problems.  
the idea was to make drivers slow down but drivers still fly through it at 30mph not giving a crap what/who they hit.

im actually warning you, do not come to ashford  :o the 2 way ring road is hell to navigate and the shared space has no road markings no clear pavement markings no nothing >Sad
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:i couldnt agree more with you, its been the greatest waste of money in ashford and has already caused problems.  
the idea was to make drivers slow down but drivers still fly through it at 30mph not giving a crap what/who they hit.

im actually warning you, do not come to ashford  :o the 2 way ring road is hell to navigate and the shared space has no road markings no clear pavement markings no nothing >Sad
Where about's is that then? Ashford has changed loads since i stopped delivering there every week over a year ago, and your right, the 2 way ring road is a joke!
"Treehugger" Wrote:Where about's is that then? Ashford has changed loads since i stopped delivering there every week over a year ago, and your right, the 2 way ring road is a joke!

it starts just up by the top of the high street (near fitness first and lidls and runs all the one down past the new shopping centre (also rubbish) then branches off, one part up bank street and the other running almost up to the station
the only way they will change it is if someone gets Killed (sadly).  Sad