This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchy shorts?
Guys, a combination of events has made a couple of come up with an idea.

1) the shirts are incredibly good - much better than we could even have hoped for
2) quite a few forum members are starting to enjoy racing

So how about some proper skeychy race shorts?  Some nice lycra ones would look ace on race day and would also help improve our placings rather than the baggy 'sails' most of us cart round at the moment

Anyone care to have a bash at a design?
"pittgoat" Wrote:Guys, a combination of events has made a couple of come up with an idea.

1) the shirts are incredibly good - much better than we could even have hoped for
2) quite a few forum members are starting to enjoy racing

So how about some proper skeychy race shorts?  Some nice lycra ones would look ace on race day and would also help improve our placings rather than the baggy 'sails' most of us cart round at the moment

Anyone care to have a bash at a design?

Go to the pub....    Lycra shorts...   they are going to look odd with my knee pads
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Id rather bash my nuts on my stem Nick........  :o

I'd have a pair of baggies all day long, getting me to expose myself using the medium of Lycra is a no-no for me personally.

If it helps the cause though:

I have 2 (maybe 3) contacts who do corporate embriodery (I have several polo shirts and fleeces done for my business) we could simply buy a batch of baggies and get them done???

Perhaps getting a deal out of some decent company/trader for eg 20x Altura shorts for some Sketchyification.

On the other hand, I have no problem designing a lycra pair, but I wont have a pair to wear.
I wouldn't wear the lycra but would perhaps ride in a pair of shorts, though I prefer 3/4 lengths.. To have the sketchy logo/some form of design printed on a pair would be ace!

Not sure having them fully done out like the shirts would look too good though
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
There aint nothing wrong with lycra. You have to wear it when long distance running, it feels strange but you get used to it. You also get used to people looking at you strange but then again i run mostly early mornings or late at night in quiet places not through town or anything like that.

I always wear lycra shorts under baggies when riding and I wore 3/4 lycra leggings on their own today whilst out for a road ride!!  :B

That said I wouldn't want to wear kits like the Activ riders, I would however wear less baggy shorts when I race. I have been looking for some today but not yet found any!!
I'm with you Nick, we actually discussed this at Bedgebury, i am really enjoying racing at the moment and think that some lycra shorts might just give me a bit more streamlined speed, especially on an open windy course like Fowlmead.

We'd also fit in with the other racers a bit more and in addition look even more professional...
:o the word isnt ready for me in lycra ... it will never be Big Grin

i would l;ove some sketchy baggies though  ;D
I am surprised that anyone on here seriously thinks at our level that lycra shorts would make more than 0.00000000000001% difference......
&quot;Legless&quot; Wrote:I'm with you Nick, we actually discussed this at Bedgebury, i am really enjoying racing at the moment and think that some lycra shorts might just give me a bit more streamlined speed, especially on an open windy course like Fowlmead.

We'd also fit in with the other racers a bit more and in addition look even more professional...

Rou...   with all due respect wearing lycra shorts is not going to make a jot of difference during an hour long race....  i always wear lycra under my other shorts but they are not that baggy so i do not suffer from them balloning up.

I have no desire to look like the other racers and i am an amateur...

The races are fun but riding trails with a group of like minded people is what i'm into...   with a pint in the pub always welcome and i would not want to be donned in just lycra then.... although i guess there is nothing wrong with a little bit of advertising
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I think it might make a bit more difference than you'd think.  I'm seriously considering just wearing my padded lycra undershorts for the next race.