This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SketchyMTB.co.uk IS NOT GOING to be switched off!
Hello everybody...

I'm not going to sugar-coat this news...

SketchyMTB.co.uk will be shutting down on 31st May Cry

I feel it's lost it's way over the years and become too old-fashioned compared to quicker communication methods, such as the FB group, Whatsapp, etc.
I like to think there are some lasting friendships that have been formed over the years and I'm sure these will last far longer than the website has.

I want to say a huge "Thank You" to all those who supported, posted and rode their bikes over the years, but all good things must come to an end.

Good night... I still love you all :oops:
O !!! Sad
Oh that sucks but all good things come to an end, hope to catch you all sometime soon out in the trails.

Thanks to Ade for being an excellent host and thanks to Sketchy for making me some amazing friends. I'll never forget my first (the very first) sketchy ride.
Keep it foolish...
Thank you though. Been a great help to me this forum and it's a shame that it's got to go.
It's a shame. Disappointed lots of people didnt bother with it after the overhaul. I'm not on Facebook nor plan to be so keeping an eye out for alternatives.
It was inevitable really as the level of bothered has dropped off massively since changing forums, it's a massive shame that all Ade's efforts in sorting that out weren't rewarded by people sticking with it. I'm pretty pissed off really as it's such a great resorce, even in spite of the groath of Watsapp etc. Just want to say thank you to Ade for starting it up and providing the oppertunity to have made a lot of friends and having a lot of fun times with all the trips away, brilliant rides and races over the last 6(?) years, and i am proud to have been a small part of it. I hope whoever is left and reading this joins the Facebook group so we can all keep in touch and continue riding together, or just continue to take the piss of my shite spelling, even if you don't want to do the whole facebook thing like i know many of you don't, just sign up for the Sketchy group and block everything else. And anyone who still wants to know me who i haven't already got you're phone number PM it to me before the 31st. Sorry for being all sentimental, i may have had a few drinks.

Gutted.
We could always go back to where it all started Wink <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=12541598">http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12541598</a><!-- m -->
thanks Ade for all your efforts.

Definitely a shame, seeing the rides on the forum is what got me into MTBing in the first place. I still think the forum has a place despite facebook, whatsapp etc..
Is there no way someone else could take up the reigns of running the site?
I must admit I have no idea of the work involved, costs or anything like that..
Ad_Fav Wrote:thanks Ade for all your efforts.

Definitely a shame, seeing the rides on the forum is what got me into MTBing in the first place. I still think the forum has a place despite facebook, whatsapp etc..
Is there no way someone else could take up the reigns of running the site?
I must admit I have no idea of the work involved, costs or anything like that..

This question was posed a few months ago.....I guess no-one wanted to take it up
thought a few people offered?
I would give it a go, just not sure what is involved really..