This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange squelch from the fork...
I've got some Recon 327 solo airs on the front, been lovely but after the fowlmead race i noticed when i lifted the front to do a hop or life the wheel over an obstacle there was a squelch as if air was escaping.

I've since cleaned and oiled the stanchions and pumped em up and down a bit also wound the rebound right down and right back up and also emptied the air and refilled it. It still squelches as if air is being sucked somewhere.

Its fine when in normal use and seems to work perfectly, just when you lift the fork quickly clean off the floor it makes a noise. Maybe it always did it and i never noticed... Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
Dose it still do it with minimum rebound? The rebound damping on my Pikes is quite noisy, same with the rear shock actually. If it is noisier than normal then it could be something to do with the rebound cartridge, but would be surprised as they are quite new Undecided  Maybe take it into Downlands and get Andy to have a look at it, as he is the suspension expert.
As above, rebound on my Fox's is very loud however it gets quieter as you remove the damping ie when none is on and its like a pogo stick there is no noise. If yours is like that its probably ok, if its doing it all the time its probably not heh
Is that minimum rebound meaning the slowest setting, the one with the tortoise. When set to that there is no noise, it literally makes it when i lift the fork sharply of the floor, i supposes when the fork is going from the sag to no sag as it is weightless.

Makes no other noises and is smooth as hell otherwise...
"Legless" Wrote:Is that minimum rebound meaning the slowest setting, the one with the tortoise. When set to that there is no noise, it literally makes it when i lift the fork sharply of the floor, i supposes when the fork is going from the sag to no sag as it is weightless.

Makes no other noises and is smooth as hell otherwise...
No i meant the fastest (hare) setting. As Breezer said with no rebound damping it should be silent, as the noise is caused by the oil being forced through a tiny hole. Strange there is no noise when rebound is set to max (slowest) setting Undecided  Could you be confusing your hare's and tortoises? Big Grin