This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming
Doing some work here (yes really) for a project and currently have my mobile playing the Prodigy out of its headphone socket into a PC's line in which is then streaming it via a Icecast server and I can listen to it on this main PC via the network  8)
"Breezer" Wrote:Doing some work here (yes really) for a project and currently have my mobile playing the Prodigy out of its headphone socket into a PC's line in which is then streaming it via a Icecast server and I can listen to it on this main PC via the network  8)

Pardon
Something about the Prodigy....

I have a radio here in my office - granted its a DAB, but music comes out when I press the right buttons.

It works.
This is a proof of concept so we can stream FM tranmissions via our sister companies equipment to IP enabled small towns and villages in India where they dont have DAB yet but do have IP links.....

The "best streaming ever" was when on my placement year and the world cup was on. We had a Sega Game Gear with a TV tuner then pointed a web cam at it and used an early version of Real networks video serving software to stream it to all of our desktops
"Breezer" Wrote:This is a proof of concept so we can stream FM tranmissions via our sister companies equipment to IP enabled small towns and villages in India where they dont have DAB yet but do have IP links.....

The "best streaming ever" was when on my placement year and the world cup was on. We had a Sega Game Gear with a TV tuner then pointed a web cam at it and used an early version of Real networks video serving software to stream it to all of our desktops

Brilliant!  I didn't think you liked football though?

So you saw Geoff Hurst's winner in real time? Wink  Big Grin
I watch the odd game

No this predated that match. I am just SO intelligent (and old) that I was streaming video before they had even invented the Internet

ah they were fun times, I need to be back at a big company, everyone went for lunch together, showers there so could ride in and so on. We played the original Quakeworld so much that we had internal servers recording all the games and stats with league tables then we had mp3 servers set up again with web based playing showing popularity/top 20 charts and all that....management had no idea of course, they just presumed the storage was being used for work stuff..........

(this was back in 97 or something so impressive for back then!)
These are women Breezer:

resim

None of them are impressed with your Sega Game Gear antics from 1997...
did the one in the middle miss the airbrush session because she was late or something  Undecided Big Grin
"BMJBOY" Wrote:These are women Breezer:

I've had all of them.

None of them were any good.
this is sad of me but I know they were from a Dove advert. I'll get me coat...

Still, well done for finding pics of women on the internet Ben.
Keep it foolish...