This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street riding
Think I might give up!

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o&eurl[/media]
:O saw this the other day... he is crazyily good Big Grin

makes me wish i had a lil jump bike to throw around the streets :'(
Ignoring the fact I cant really bunny hop more than a couple of inches, I just cannot understand how people can hop up walls higher than I could jump without a bike!
"Breezer" Wrote:Ignoring the fact I cant really bunny hop more than a couple of inches, I just cannot understand how people can hop up walls higher than I could jump without a bike!

couple of people i know are into that kinda riding... and they make it look so easy, i just about got up onto the back wheel and procedded to sack myself on a metal bar when i had a go on their bikes :'(
I also dont understand how he managed some of the drops, I mean that one flight of stairs into an underpass or something must have been a 15 foot drop and he landed it flat with no suspension. My ankles would have shattered and my wrists!
"Breezer" Wrote:I also dont understand how he managed some of the drops, I mean that one flight of stairs into an underpass or something must have been a 15 foot drop and he landed it flat with no suspension. My ankles would have shattered and my wrists!

metal ankles and wrists ?, im sue he must have some kind of support plus he must of learnt some technique on how to suck it up (in the knees im guessing) im off to search  Big Grin
Wonder how many faceplants, broken wrists and arms he got in the years compiling all those stunts.

Kids got skills, but I bet he doesnt know how to win an arguement with my missus after a night out on the lash with the lads...

That my friend takes years of learning, injuries, and bottle.
"Breezer" Wrote:Ignoring the fact I cant really bunny hop more than a couple of inches, I just cannot understand how people can hop up walls higher than I could jump without a bike!

I am so glad it's not just me that thinks that when I see this type of rider sticking two fingers up to the laws of gravity.

Sometimes it feels as if everyone else on a bike can leap onto the top of a bus shelter just by shrugging their shouulders.
That was an awesome video, makes me wish i was riding a bike all my youth instead of windsurfing. Oh no hang on windsurfing round the world was much cooler than biking in Edinburgh. I'm still insanely jealous of his skills though, the other night at Blean i fully cleared a two inch twig...

Same as you Steve, makes me want a little bike i can throw around of an evening. BMX maybe here i come... Actually now i think about it all i ever wanted was a BMX when i was a kid. I went to the bike shop with my Dad one birthday and walked out with a Raleigh Striker. As the salesman told him it was more sensible! Imagine the looks on the other kids when i rocked up on a bike with mudguards... Shocking times, i was scarred for life. Still it was a bike and i loved it non the less. Never managed to jump it as it weighed a ton! Just done a search on google but can't find an image of the original version.  Sad
"Legless" Wrote:That was an awesome video, makes me wish i was riding a bike all my youth instead of windsurfing. Oh no hang on windsurfing round the world was much cooler than biking in Edinburgh. I'm still insanely jealous of his skills though, the other night at Blean i fully cleared a two inch twig...

Same as you Steve, makes me want a little bike i can throw around of an evening. BMX maybe here i come... Actually now i think about it all i ever wanted was a BMX when i was a kid. I went to the bike shop with my Dad one birthday and walked out with a Raleigh Striker. As the salesman told him it was more sensible! Imagine the looks on the other kids when i rocked up on a bike with mudguards... Shocking times, i was scarred for life. Still it was a bike and i loved it non the less. Never managed to jump it as it weighed a ton! Just done a search on google but can't find an image of the original version.  Sad

Big Grin maybe we could organise a "fall off trying to do neat stuff round canterbury street ride" going *takes deep breath* Big Grin

obviously mike would be banned as he already can do "neat stuff"... well untill somone pushes him off again  Tongue