This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrey hills YHA holmbury 23rd nov 9.30 am
Going for a spin out from the car park next to holmbury YHA, postcode RH5 6NW. Planning on riding out for about 4ish hours happy to do the pace on who turns up, not wanting to do to big a groups as it's just toooo painful with mechanicals ect, so if a lot turn happy be best to split into groups no bigger then say 8 people. Not planning on this being a turbo pace ride but more a giggle with stoping to play on a couple of bits and mainly to have fun.
Hmmmm. I've never been to Surrey Hills and I want to see what all the fuss is about, I'm still getting used to and tinkering with settings on the new bike so maybe I should wait.
I am hoping to ride on sunday, would like to come to this, not sure if I can make 9.30 though, will let you know..
Lee surrey is a great place to see if your bikes settings are right, main thing in my book is to just ride it as much as you can, i love a bit of fiddling Wink but riding it is the best way to see if you even have to.
Ad 9,30 is a lie in unless you're still on the way home from the night before.
You know wen u get the feeling you have something planned that day but cant remember it. Well i cant remember it so im in for some lung busting riding. I need it !!
Doo Lally Wrote:You know wen u get the feeling you have something planned that day but cant remember it. Well i cant remember it so im in for some lung busting riding. I need it !!

Be good if you can make it Ash, Iv got a car full or I'd offer you a lift buddy Sad when was the last time you rode Surrey?
No worries skid. I may have a new skiny motor. Also if any1 wants a lift give me a message. Goong from medway sh*tyy estate. The last time would have been january maybe.
cant make it sunday, got the kids overnight so cant leave early enough. oh well, have fun!
About as bad as weather gets, constant heavy rain cold wind, puncture and a pair of trousers that kept falling down Confusedhock:
but man was this a fab ride Big Grin local trails are a slog at the mo but apart from some big! puddles to slow you a little its surrey running so well. Just three of us Snoops, Dolally ( great to see him on the mend and great to be back out riding with him again) and myself of course, seems there was no need to worry about to big a group :lol:
only came across about 10 other riders, never had it so much to ourselves before. some trails lost at the mo from logging, but more just keep spring up.
Thanks for a another great day messing around on bike guys Big Grin surrey i love you
I dont usually like getting wet but that was aweeesome. Loads of grip which is alot different from my local clay and superglue mud trails. Waterproofs r worth every penny. Now for some socks