This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Unofficial Garmin GPS Thread
Tinc : Have you tried SPORT TRACKS?

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/

10000% better than Garmin Training Centre which IMHO is dog poo.

Its totally free too.

Deadpool put me onto it, and Ive never looked back - give you totals for the months training and uses google maps to see your course etc.

If you click the Sat 6th Fowlmead thread, a screenshot I put up is from it.
That's weird,  I was just contemplating starting a thread asking for decent software for the Garmin as TC is totally pants!
Cheers BMJBOY, I'll check that out later.
what garmin unit do you use tinc ?
Yes TC is kak.. downloaded sporttracks will import data later and see how it goes.
You may experience issues getting the maps to work - you need to specify something in the settings, its in their FAQ for Non-US users.

Also, Garmin users, click Plugins and install the garmin plugin which allows you to direct import and export to your device.

I love it - may take some time to get a jist on how it works, but its pretty good for a freebie.
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:what garmin unit do you use tinc ?

Sorry, I had to pop out!

I have a 305.
I've just worked out how to get it to tell me where to go!
(Save Mrs Tinc doing it Wink)
Quite useful for exchanging routes that are unknown.

Beginning to lool like we need that Garmin thread!
"Tinc" Wrote:Sorry, I had to pop out!

I have a 305.
I've just worked out how to get it to tell me where to go!
(Save Mrs Tinc doing it Wink)
Quite useful for exchanging routes that are unknown.

Beginning to lool like we need that Garmin thread!

ah right, it looked kind of like our 205 which we are having problems with Big Grin
If my understanding is correct the 205 & 305 are identical except the fact that the 305 will accept with the HRM & bike mounted speed & cadence sensor.
I'm not sure if you can add them to the 205 though.

What's the problem with the 205?
"Tinc" Wrote:If my understanding is correct the 205 & 305 are identical except the fact that the 305 will accept with the HRM & bike mounted speed & cadence sensor.
I'm not sure if you can add them to the 205 though.

What's the problem with the 205?

ahh right, well the problem is that the rubberized buttons dont work on the side ... my dad used it on the road untill he got teh power tap hub and then the idea was to give it to me once he got it ... but without the side buttons its not really that useful Big Grin was just wondering if you have had the same problem before?
Are we talking about old Peugeots?