This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To double up or not?
So, 2 weeks untill the Fowlmead 6 hour enduro... And following on from Bens "Are you mad" type response, I put it to you, fellow Sketchy riders...

Do I enter as a pair, if I can find a partner, or go solo regardless??

I can ride for 3 hours at a fair pace, probably more like 4.5 now.. So if I was to slow that down just a little bit I reckon I could do it solo.. Plus I've got 2 weeks to really get out and train beforehand..

Whaddda reckon boys n girls?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Do it if you think you can, better to regret somethng you have done or tried than regret soemthing you didn't.

Kudos to all solo riders.
Join me and Nigel by going solo, better value for money too, 6 hrs riding for £20 Smile
"Longjon" Wrote:Join me and Nigel by going solo, better value for money too, 6 hrs riding for £20 Smile

And Suzz is entered solo...

I don't think you should as  you'll beat me.....   ok ok, i don't care if you beat me... you are strong and riding well, why not push the boundries...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I reckon there are 2 things I would struggle with..

For the last hour of it I would suffer like a bitch, but hey it's only for an hour

And I would have to pay attention for an entire 6 hours in order to stop myself flooring it and try to pace myself more.. You may of noticed I struggle with that sometimes Big Grin
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Entering alone you are not going to win. So you need to set yourself a goal and work out a pace that will help you achieve that goal. Your goal maybe just to finish in which case you can just train as hard as you want and on the day pace yourself just to get you round the full 6 hrs.

If you want to set yourself a time then you need to know the length of the course and work out what pace you need to ride at to achieve your target time and then train to ride at this pace.

Or be normal like the rest of us and enter as a pair.  Tongue

I'm riding with Leadbasher and (i say this without asking him) our goal is just to finish and have a good time. We're do 1 hr stints each so we can go for it for the full hour. As long as we don't come last I'll (we'll) be happy.

If you set yourself a goal and make it you'll be happy too!
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:I reckon there are 2 things I would struggle with..

For the last hour of it I would suffer like a bitch, but hey it's only for an hour

And I would have to pay attention for an entire 6 hours in order to stop myself flooring it and try to pace myself more.. You may of noticed I struggle with that sometimes Big Grin

Jon... i have been off the bike for 7 of the last 9 weeks, this is going to be tough and its going to hurt....   but i see no need to enter a 6 hour enduro to ride for 3 hours, i do tha at least once a week whereever i choose....  

I think the point of this is to extend and broaden my current limits, 3 hours riding at a strong pace nails me and hurts but i'll be doing that tomorrow so i see this as a challenge.

Of course if you're scared young man.......
I'm thinking if the course is like it was last time in terms of terrain and length I would aim for 2.5 laps an hour, that way I could most likely last the full 6 hours.
I don't care if I come last, though I think I could do a little better.. And knowing me, with 2 hours to go I'll go mad and floor it.. Then die when it's over
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:I'm thinking if the course is like it was last time in terms of terrain and length I would aim for 2.5 laps an hour, that way I could most likely last the full 6 hours.
I don't care if I come last, though I think I could do a little better.. And knowing me, with 2 hours to go I'll go mad and floor it.. Then die when it's over

Comments where made by the organisers that the enduro course will be longer and more technical.
Just do it... when its all over and you see how relieved   happy the soloist are with their/our achievement you'll be gutted you took the soft option...  

Note - no offense team riders...