This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trek’s Procaliber hardtail
Being a lover of riding hard tail bikes off-road this looks like an amazing idea, yes it's not new trek have had it on their road bikes for awhile now, and companies of old have play with all sorts of things like this in the birth of full suss bike, but could this one work? Seems to be aimed at better performance while in the saddle as in on the flats or climbing.
Nice thinking trek 8-)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mbr.co.uk/bikes/hardtail/29er-hardtail-bikes/treks-procaliber-hardtail-with-inbuilt-seat-tube-flex-video-329540">http://www.mbr.co.uk/bikes/hardtail/29e ... deo-329540</a><!-- m -->
Lets hope it doesnt squeak as much as it does on their road bikes Confusedhock:
Interesting, but £6k is a lot for a little extra hardtail comfort!

I love hardtails too. Definitely looking to add one to the armoury in the next 12 months or so
pittgoat Wrote:Interesting, but £6k is a lot for a little extra hardtail comfort!

I love hardtails too. Definitely looking to add one to the armoury in the next 12 months or so

Ouch! On the price tag, but that is for the top top model, starts at £2250 which is still pricey for the cheapest in the range for hard tails. :o

Squeaking does sound like a big down side, even more so on a road bike. Have they had any other issues with it on the road model?
Skid Wrote:
pittgoat Wrote:Interesting, but £6k is a lot for a little extra hardtail comfort!

Ouch! On the price tag, but that is for the top top model, starts at £2250 which is still pricey for the cheapest in the range for hard tails. :o

Squeaking does sound like a big down side, even more so on a road bike. Have they had any other issues with it on the road model?

Not as far as I know, my Brother rides one & it squeaks from the moment you get on it to the moment you get off it...one of those not loud enough to drive in insane squeaks but loud enough to make you aware its there. I guess you would get immune to it & perhaps not even notice it on a mountain bike with all the crashing about of the undergrowth

Sounds like you need a bit of FAT in your stable Big Grin
How is this really any different from a softtail? Is it more efficient? I suppose that if I were in the market for a hardtail, I'd want it to be as comfortable as possible, but it's priced like a top FS bike.

I didn't know that this design was squeaky on the Domane. That would put me right off it.
Laggingbehind Wrote:

Sounds like you need a bit of FAT in your stable Big Grin

Torn at the moment between a nice HT or a cheap one I'd leave outside the supermarket. Possibly singlespeed again

Haven't considered fatbikes but I guess I shouldn't knock it till I've tried it!