This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB Nano TCS 26x2.1"
WTB Nano TCS 26x2.1"

TCS is Tubeless Compatible System which means they can fit UST (Universal System Tubeless) rims but I originally bought these for my hardtail commute with clincher rims and tubes after feeling disappointed by the supposedly 2.1" width of the Hutchinson Cobra 2.1" tyres I had recently purchased.

These tyres also fail to measure up to 2.1", but are a fraction over 1.9" so they do have slightly more volume than the Cobras which are a fraction under 1.9". I found that a Maxxis Detonator 26x1.25" tyre could fit inside the Nano tyre comfortably enough to rotate but it was a tight squeeze getting it within the Cobra.

The tread is also faster rolling due to the near-continuous dashed centre tread pattern but unfortunately can feel quite sketchy cornering at speed on tarmac, where it is also very easy to skid while breaking. 30mph down a slightly off camber dusty bridleway felt a little more dangerous than expected too.

I decided I could probably use the FS more frequently for commutes so tried to fit them to the Easton UST rims I have but immediately discovered one had punctured already in the sidewall. The Stans took its sweet time filling the hole but settled eventually. The sidewalls aren't paper thin, but still pretty thin compared with the Kenda Nevegal they replaced.

I used an inner tube to seat the bead and then unseated only one side to remove the tube and add the Stans. No issues using a floor pump to seat the other bead.

They handled Bedgebury in the dry pretty well the other week but a little more grip would have been nice in the loose stuff.