This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD 28.6 Seatpost/Shim to make 27.2 into 28.6
Never heard of a bike using that sized post but there you are. There are a few on fleabay for under a tenner if you search for

28.6 seatpost
Just ride without one like I did on the pump track at Rotherfield last time I was there although to repeat what was said to me, don't get your  balls stuck as I won't be helping you extract them  Big Grin
ahh im crap with this stuff, could a mod please delete this thread ?,
lol not until you reveal why. If its because you have the wrong seat post size then you need punishing  Big Grin
"Breezer" Wrote:lol not until you reveal why. If its because you have the wrong seat post size then you need punishing  Big Grin

:B im getting confused as to the right size i now believe it to be a 30.0mm size i need ... im going to ask in halfrauds tomorrow hence me asking for hte thread to be deleted Wink
oh lol!

Its stamped on the post 99% of the time! How do you get confused between thinking its a 28.6 or a 30, what made you think it was 28.6??
"Breezer" Wrote:oh lol!

Its stamped on the post 99% of the time! How do you get confused between thinking its a 28.6 or a 30, what made you think it was 28.6??

dont have a clue ... the shim ive got seemed to fit in but wouldnt clamp so i thought i had a dodgy shim :Smile the shim is for 27.2-28.6, i dont have the lower half of the post as stupidly i cut it (as it was bent) and chucked it without thinking  :B
Would love to delete this for you Steve but you make me laugh too much.  Explain to me why you needed to cut your seatpost in half and i'll consider it Wink
Steve, go to Halfords and take the seat off another Banshee and look...
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"pittgoat" Wrote:Would love to delete this for you Steve but you make me laugh too much.  Explain to me why you needed to cut your seatpost in half and i'll consider it Wink
Lol yeah me too Big Grin  You do know that you can bend mettle??