This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted - forks
Hey guys

I currently have a set of Rockshox Dart 2 forks, but they keep locking up, i have to send them back to the shop for possibly a few weeks to be sent back and sorted out (only 3 months old, so under warranty) but as they are not terribly fancy I'm wondering if anyone has anything they want to sell me? Or even any suggestions to make as to what I should replace with. I am skint and so am not able to spend loads of cash but any suggestions would be welcome.

I am not worried about lockout or anything fancy like that, as I am light and do not tend to have a prob with front end bob, the current forks have it, but it's really not necessary for me. Rebound adjustment is important tho as, being light, forks without it can bounce back on me like tigger on a space hopper.

Currrent specs:

80/100/120
Travel Adjust     N/A
Weight*     2472g (5.45 lbs)
Spring     Coil
Spring Adjust     Preload
Damping     Rebound (TurnKey optional)
Damping Adjust     External rebound (TurnKey lockout optional)
Lowers     Aluminum, post disc mount
Lowers Options     Boss or disc specific
Crown     Forged, 6061 T-6 Aluminum
Steerer Tube     STKM steel 1 1/8
Upper Tubes     28mm, 4130 steel, chrome
Standard Colors     Black, Diffusion Black, Diffusion Silver
Options     XL STKM steel steerer, aluminum steerer. Optional spring rates: Light, Firm, Extra Firm
Suggested Rear Shox     Bar
Upgrade     Over Dart 1: Rebound, TurnKey option
Max. Recommended Rotor Size     160mm
Notes     *Weight based on full length standard steerer
Keep it foolish...
I've got a set of coil-sprung toras you can make me an offer for.  They're  '07, 130mm (IIRC), U-turn with lock-out.
They're rated upto 185mm rotors, I believe, currently got a 160mm adaptor on.
TBH, they didn't get much use and have sat in the garage resting for about 8 months.
I'mm happy to bring 'em down Wednesday for you to have a gander.
Have a look here for more details
that sounds great, if it's ok to bring them along on weds night then that would be cool. if you want to PM me with a price then that's good, I'm not sure what steerer length i need either at the mo so I will check later and PM you with that.
Keep it foolish...
Wow on wonder your bike weighs the same as mine! Ally legs, steel steerer and stantions, it's like lugging an anvil round with you! He i remember correctly Ade had plenty of spacers above and below his stem, so you should be fine.
I was going to suggest looking at a Tora before Ade said he had some for sale.  They are meant to be the best fork around that RRP by a distance.  I'm not on commission though, honest!

Please click on the pittgoat banner before purchasing your forks
STILL WANTED

Ade's had too short a steerer tube, so if anyone out there has something then just let me know.

Thanks
Keep it foolish...
Probably best to work out what min steerer you want and put a wanted ad on singletrack
Hey Guys,

If anyone is having a spring clean and finds some forks with 185mm of steerer or more then just let me know...

Mucho Gracias
Keep it foolish...