This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weirdest Thing You've Seen On A Ride ...
well the weirdest/scariest thing i have seen has been today, blasting down just about the only downhill in the warren today to find about 10 chavs in 'dappy' hats with sticks/poles  :o i swear ive never turned around and ridden back up a hill fast enough, police showed up 10 minutes later to move them on  Undecided

and also the usual doggers, diving into bushes/ getting jiggy in cars  Big Grin
A dead man halfway out of his car one Sunday morning a few years back. It looked like he had a heart attacked getting out... His dog was p~**ed off because he died before he got his morning walk.
Scariest.....trying to be bitten by Badgers.... Night riding BBH

Coolest.... Having an owl grab hold of my helmet light.... Night riding BBH

Worst.... coming off & breaking both my shoulder blade & collar bone.
What the! lol.

I saw an owl at Bedgebury once when I popped out of the bit they turned round, was a few metres away perched on this post. Ive heard badgers when out, god they make an awful noise!

I was riding somewhere once, forget where but I came out of this woodland into a field to note a couple getting jiggy. I turned round and back tracked as quietly as I could but once out of sight I heard them crack up laughing heh

Yes breaking a collar bone is tedious as I know Sad
"Breezer" Wrote:What the! lol.

I saw an owl at Bedgebury once when I popped out of the bit they turned round, was a few metres away perched on this post. Ive heard badgers when out, god they make an awful noise!

I was riding somewhere once, forget where but I came out of this woodland into a field to note a couple getting jiggy. I turned round and back tracked as quietly as I could but once out of sight I heard them crack up laughing heh

Yes breaking a collar bone is tedious as I know Sad

Big Grin i try and make as much noise as i could , shouldnt be doing it right there in my way ??), bet you though karma will have some 16 yo kid skid past me when im getting with it in the middle of a woods  Wink  Big Grin

i havent broken anything biking luckily almost though the countless times ive taken a section to fast and shoulder barged a tree :o
Took a wrong turn at Blean when i first started riding and ended up lost.  Heard some people and looked over to see about 20 guys in full army camo and face masks carrying guns.  Cacked myself until i realised i'd wandered into a paintball arena  :B  GF wasn't too happy - neither was the owner of the paintball place!
Reminds me of when building in a different place in the forest by my house a dog appeared then suddenly 2 teenagers in camo gear, from nowhere! Then over by my DH runs a couple in normal clothes appeared, walked quite close, said hello then sat down on this fallen tree to drink tea or something. Weird thing is there are no foot paths there, its just deep forest, I was a bit concerned for a while!
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Scariest.....trying to be bitten by Badgers.... Night riding BBH

Same here - my mate sh*t himself when a Badger came flying out of no-where at BBH near the top field.

Apart from random animal scaress, just find the usual Doggers and drug dealers.

One occasion was a bloke in a transit van, clearly doing some kind of drug deal, got out his van and stood stock still in the middle of the road looking quite irate - what was he going to do? - 2 of us, with tools, and 1 drugged up skinny runt. "Jog on son"  Wink

We also saw a couple of Gurkhas running in full kit up BBH one night too - That sh*t me up for a second, but they were very polite guys and actually apologised!