This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I put off til tomorrow...
Well as I successfully managed to ignore doing it yesterday in favour of my book in the garden I can avoid it no longer.  The time has come once again for the cone adjustment blast o rama and maybe a quick trip to new gear cables and indexing trauma ville  :o

I dont know about you guys but I tend to find its these simple just jobs that nearly reduce you to hamer smash and the inane cursing of inanimate objects.  My personal favourite is when I ask whatever part of my bike Im fettling with why it wont do what I want it to.... :Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Im going there tomorrow - I also need a map to "Whats that bloody creaking-shire?"

Got the 6hr race on Sunday and bike needs to be tip-top - which its far from being at the moment - cone adjustment being one of the issues too.

Was only tightened about 2 weeks ago and now loose again - I hope its not a hub problem.

I quite enjoy doing it though - have good tools, an even better drink on the go, and some good tunes help.
aah the joys of cartridge bearings
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:aah the joys of cartridge bearings

Indeed - mines been terrible since Afan.... probably due to me being so extreme!..........  :Smile

I dont recall tightening my cones so much on my old wheels - would I have a problem? - the wheels arnt even 6 months old.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:aah the joys of cartridge bearings

By all accounts they do seem to be the way to go but if I go out & buy shiney new wheels before I get the bathroom roof repaired I'll most certainly invoke the wrath of Mrs stayhigh :o  

Then I think a wonky wheel will be the least of my worries lol

Was hoping for new cds today to listen to while tinkering but the distinct lack of any post today has put pay to that idea it would seem.  Well off for more milk and a 10mm allen key as mine seems to have disappeared then back to it for me.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Call me weird but i find it unusally calming and realxing taking my bike to bits or building a bike up.
"Buzz" Wrote:Call me weird but i find it unusally calming and realxing taking my bike to bits or building a bike up.

+1  love coming home after a long day at work/sixth form and just taking apart and cleaning the bike  :B Big Grin
Me too Smile  Every time i clean it it always ends with me getting very anal and cleaning bits with a tooth brush Big Grin