This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your team Race Strategy?
As poll above!
Sorry, haven't read the details properly... how long is an below average lap?
Sorry.....

Based on 2008, the lap was approx 8 Miles, and lap times varied from 35mins to 1hr+

Our team where discussing doing 2 laps at a time, but personally, I dont think it will work, especially at night.
Personally my team strategy will be to sabotage the other team sketchys bikes
24 divided by 4 is 6 so technically we each need to ride for 6 hours. I reckon the best way would be to do 2 3 hour stints, but break them up quite a bit. So you ride for 3 hours, have 9 off and ride for 3 hours...surely we can do 3 laps in 3 hours. Whats the course like, it didn't look too tricky in the video.

Give it your all for 3 laps, sawp and now you have a good break recovery time.

Of course this might be smoke and daggers and shit strategy to out the other teams off. (But seriously i reckon 3 laps each is cool Ben)
I reckon to do 2 laps during daylight and 1 lap at night. There should only be about 6 hours of darkness,
Dont Discuss team tactics infront of this rabble Rou...  Wink

I can imagine some cheeky skullduggery and crucial PM's are flying about the teams as I type this....

This is my proposed team outfit.....

resim

No-one will know its us!

and I bet one Mr Impished is hacking our PM inboxes and downloading our race schedules too!!  Smile
"Longjon" Wrote:I reckon to do 2 laps during daylight and 1 lap at night. There should only be about 6 hours of darkness,

Thats bang on to what I thought to be honest.

1 lap at night will be better for batteries for those with less capacity lights plus natural tiredness would start creeping in (I imagine)

Who fancies sitting around for 9 hours while some sweet singletrack and the occational lycra clad fit bird flys past me you?  I would imagine for sanity alone, 1 or 2 laps at a time is the ideal method, plus it would mean someone ONLY rides in the day or night, and not both - gotta sample both worlds I expect??

Im gonna ring Mclaren and Ferrari HQ's to borrow their race strategy software........ Wink
Can you do half a lap?
"Legless" Wrote:Can you do half a lap?

Lol i imagine not!

I reckon 1 or 2 laps in the day and 2 laps at night - realistically that'll be 2 hours tops at night and means you can rest for the whole rest of the night.  Personally i'd rather ride between, say, 2 and 4 am than once at midnight, again at 4 and again at 8...  Doesn't leave a lot fo time for sleep.

1 lap in the day would keep everyone involved in the race but its debatable whether 2 laps in the day might lead to better results due to less changeovers.