This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chain tensioner
hi all
what chain tensonors  are aboiut these days for a triple chain ring set up?  also i got squre chainstays.  it use to be the mr crud dcd or a bullet bros one but neither are about now any ideas?
I had a crud DCD! a shiney blue one!

Not sure if you can get a chain devices for a triple ring set up.

Ive got a E-thirteen Dual Ring Security (DRS) guide and have 2 rings up front 22t/36t.

resim

They mount on the Bottom Bracket like this, so no worry about the chain stays.

resim
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3953">http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=3953</a><!-- m --> - For a triple ring set up, can get them in 4-bolt too!

FSA make some also
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...delID=3953 - For a triple ring set up, can get them in 4-bolt too!

FSA make some also

Thats a bash ring.
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:Thats a bash ring.

Well spotted Russ, could be used with a chain tensioner for good measure though. Like yours...
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Your chain's rusty Tongue

What are the bearings like in the roller? Is it just a single bearing on one side like my Blackspire or is there two with a gap between the roller and backplate?
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:Well spotted Russ, could be used with a chain tensioner for good measure though. Like yours...
Err no. The dual ring tensioners use a stepped roller for use with a double and bash only. AFAIK there arn't any tensioners that work with a tripple ring.
Why would you want a chain tensioner these days? If you have a sram mech you should be fine as their springs are much stiffer. The chain never comes off my 5 spot but it does sometimes bounce off my Inbred with its 0mm rear travel and shoddy old XT mech

I still have a DCD in the drawer somewhere heh
I got one mainly to stop the chain slapping the chainstay, and the chain dose skip from middle to granny lots, a lot less with the XT Shadow but since i killed that i am now back to an old XT, and the chain skipped about 5 times on Sunday >Sad  I want to try and sort the bearing out so i can put it back on again!
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Why would you want a chain tensioner these days? If you have a sram mech you should be fine as their springs are much stiffer. The chain never comes off my 5 spot but it does sometimes bounce off my Inbred with its 0mm rear travel and shoddy old XT mech

I still have a DCD in the drawer somewhere heh

Your obviously not riding hard enough  Tongue

Andy, the chain is so rusty as in that pic it hadnt been used for 6 weeks. The roller has 2 bearings, one either side.