This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in need of a full sus...any good?
Hey guy's, i went for a ride today at Trosley country park with a friend. I currently have trek 6000 with a few upgrades (reba sl's, bontager mud-x tyres, selle italia saddle, and shimano spd's), however my friend has an intense tracer custom build, i've always wanted a full-sus and after having a go on my friends it was apparent how much comfier they are to ride down bumpy terrain compared to my hardtail!
I haven't got much £££ at the moment so i'm very limited, however i've been offered a brand new haro sonix comp frame (the model with the fox float r shock) inc shock. I've read the reviews across the net, bike radar gave it an ok rating but the rest of the sites have said how good they are.

What do you guy's think? I can get the frame and shock for around £150-200 mark.

Thanks

Hugh
Not very common in the uk and infact I think they havent been available the last couple of years but now have a new importer. Their suspension design isnt great as like a lot of Mongoose's, its massively less active standing up. That may be to your liking if this is your first FS bike but I would be inclined to look for a more active frame, a four bar or a Giant similar to what bmjboy was looking for ie a Trance, something around 100mm travel so not too much but enough to work
but for 150...  you can write that off easy enough, eh Tongue
can you spend £150 and build the rest up from parts you alrady have? the review on bikeradar

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/b...x-08-29113

seems to say it's nothing special, but if you want full sus then it gets you in the door without too much outlay. As a triails rider you may like the manual-able /wheelie - able feel of it, something i'm missing on my giant. go on, be strong, it's not too pricey.
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:can you spend £150 and build the rest up from parts you alrady have? the review on bikeradar

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/b...x-08-29113

seems to say it's nothing special, but if you want full sus then it gets you in the door without too much outlay. As a triails rider you may like the manual-able /wheelie - able feel of it, something i'm missing on my giant. go on, be strong, it's not too pricey.

Yeah i was going to use all the bits from my trek in the build as there all practically new! Gradually I'll improve wheels/brakes etc but i think i'll have a reasonable set-up with my current parts. Smile