This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
redirected urls
Hi guys,

I need your help, I think that a site I use is redirecting me to another server. Is there a way of finding out whether this is correct and where that server is?
Keep it foolish...
what website is it ?

alot of the times its just the website has moved URL and they have kept the old domain to redirect people
its a work site, but why does it redirect? cannot see any good reason to do so, work is based in uk and no change there, so why redirect? poss to another country
Keep it foolish...
or the initial URL takes you to a secure website so they can see if you are who you say you are then if it is you they then transfer you onto the site

basically it could be some form of security, im sure breezer will help, he has a bit more knowledge then me  Tongue
cool, thanks mate, your bike is looking good in the other post
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:cool, thanks mate, your bike is looking good in the other post

dont take it as a solid reason though  Big Grin as i am merely a AS level student with a intrest in computing :B

cheers mate your one does to, im sure the other one looks even nicer Tongue