This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
retro
hi all
was just hunting google for bikes that were out n top of the range when i first started biking so thought id see what was about when you lot started  
heres some of the bits i found
resim
my mate had one of these great bike

resim

resim

resim
:X how did you even sum up the courage to look at them  Wink

just one of my old rides  Tongue resim
God thats not retro, v brakes are new! More retro than that is my 1992 Breezer Lightning Pro. I got it as an ex demonstrator from the old importers in 1994 but it retailed for £1200 in 1992, imagine what that would be in todays money!!

I have the full brochure ive been meaning to upload for the retrobike forum but this was the cover

resim

This was obviously a few years later as I had a XT V brake on the front with brake booster but was still using the Dia Compe 987 canti's on the back. Any comments regarding the length of my t shirt or saddle to bars height difference will be ignored lol

resim
lol thats how they had the seat set back then lol  i had mine the same.  i had canti on my first proper bike n put the v brakes on a few yrs later when they came out.  
my cousin had one of these n i hated him for it coz i really wanted one for some reason

resim
Bright!

Just found my scans which I need to put into a pdf. My Breezer would have actually been £1250 with its Suntour XC Pro setup. The Lightning which came with XTR was £1600....in 1992!!!!!!!!!!  :Smile  

Funny thing is mine was lighter as well, 23.5lb's for the 19" one, the XTR version was 23.6lb's as it used the old conventional gearing ie 28/38/48 and 13-28 or whatever it was. Suntour were the first to go to smaller cogs and I had 20(!)/32/42 and 11-24 at the back with a short cage mech, grease ports in the hubs etc
I have no pics, but my first bike had Biopace Chain Rings (which I loved) and a stem that seemed to be about 250mm!
My Carrera Krakatoa did as well Smile
"chris_tdi" Wrote:lol thats how they had the seat set back then lol  i had mine the same.  i had canti on my first proper bike n put the v brakes on a few yrs later when they came out.  
my cousin had one of these n i hated him for it coz i really wanted one for some reason

resim

I had one of those unti;l about 6 months ago, used it as a commuter bike, the bloody thing refused to break so how could i justify getting rif of it? piece of crap to be honest but i hate to think how far mine was ridden in the 15 or so years i had it.
Keep it foolish...