This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what bikes?
hi all
what bikes have you all owned since you have been into biking?
Hmmm....
  • Raleigh Chopper
  • Raleigh Grifter
  • Raleigh Burner
  • Noname-rigid-60-quider-from-local-shite-bike-shop
  • Marin B17 (back when the B17 was a top-of-the-range free-riding master Wink)   (*)
  • RALEIGH ROAD BIKE                                                                                  (*)
  • Carrera Fury '07                                                                                                    (*)
  • BeOne Nirvana 2.0                                                                                                (*)
*=Still own Wink

[MOD] I'm feeling childish too Tongue [MOD]
[impished]OK which mod did ^^^ that?[/impished]

[Treehugger] Twas me muahahahaha Smile [Treehugger]
Marin Bear Valley SE
Marin Pine Mountain
Another Pine mountain
Nishiki Alien elevated Chainstays
Another Nishiki Alien
Another Nishiki Alien
Yeti PRO FRO
Pace RC200 F6*
Cove Handjob*

* Still have these two but only ride the Cove

That enough?
Couple of random semi bmx things then onto a Peugeot racer which I sold about 2 weeks into my first paper round aged 13 then it went something like

Raliegh Discovery (iirc) (sold as too big really)
Carrera Krakatoa (with awesome speckled paint job) (had this for about 10 years)
Team Marin (2nd hand)
Raliegh Apex (with flex stem!!)
Breezer Lightning Pro * (bought in 94!)
Azonic Propulsion
Club Roost DH8
DMR Trailstar
Santa Cruz Blur LT
On One Inbred 456 *
Turner 5 Spot *

* = still own and I ride all 3

Pics of the last 7 here http://complexdreams.com/index2.html
Awesome fixed-wheel solid-tired kids bike with army designs (best for skids in entire street) rode from 4yrs old til 7yrs ish

Peugeot Levis BMX (with blue mags) rode from age 8yrs til 17yrs ish

Releigh Lizard (rubbish as far too big, but rode it miles, rode from 13yrs and only dumped the frame a few months back, it was ok for commute and would not break, making it hard to justify chucking away)

Carrera Fury '98 used for trials and street and London to Brighton and everything. Again refuses to break = still got it. *

Dawes Ultra Road bike reynolds tubing circa 1990 - was pink, blue and white, hence looked like both ends of a baboon at once. Stripped and resprayed it last summer, now metallic green with flat bars, BMX brakes and single speed, this is my commuter bike, looks nothing special but is quick and reliable. *

'05 Giant Acid jump bike - external BB, double + bash, discs, slicks, wicked for playing about on, Bedgebury was a pain on it simply due to the miles. *

Mongoose BMX (New style) this was a freebie and needed loads of work, used to be pink (theme developing here) stripped and painted primer grey, looked the nuts when completed. Given to friend last year as no use for it.

'08 Giant Yukon FX dual sus, new and in a state of tuning, front end far too high to begin with due to comedy set of spacers under stem. *

* = Still own
Keep it foolish...
Umm...

1998 Spesh Rockhopper fully rigid then bombers on the front - sold

1999 Marin Rift Zone second hand rim brakes (still looking for a disk brake adaptr for the rear) - out on loan

2000 Marin Mount Vision with Pace forks and Hope brakes (beautiful) - sold

2001 Whyte PRST 1 Superbike - sold

2002 Foes Fly 8'' DH rig - FOR SALE

2002 Spesh Stumpy HT M4 built light (20.5lbs) - Spare

2003 Trek 1600 Road Bike - for triathilons

2005 Whyte PRST 4 XT - FOR SALE

2006 Cannondale Gemini 7'' DH rig - waiting in lock up for next DH trip to Alps

2008 Whyte 120 E - my current and favourite ever

Now i look back at the list i see that maybe i buy to many bikes....  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Umm...

...[Long list of drool-worthy bikes]...

Now i look back at the list i see that maybe i buy to many bikes....  

It took me 2 attempts to make it to the end of that list 8)  Might give it 10 mins and read it all again :B
&quot;impished&quot; Wrote:It took me 2 attempts to make it to the end of that list 8)  Might give it 10 mins and read it all again :B

You are welcome to purchase the FOR SALE items... then i can super spec my current mount....   I can see you in the Alps on a Foes Fly
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:You are welcome to purchase the FOR SALE items... then i can super spec my current mount....   I can see you in the Alps on a Foes Fly
Hmmm.....  with a 'decree-nisi' in my rucksack, no doubt :o
&quot;impished&quot; Wrote:Hmmm.....  with a 'decree-nisi' in my rucksack, no doubt :o

Do you have kids, how old...  its actually about 30 degrees c in the valleys with lots of cool things to do...

Ice rink, 50m outdoor pool, tennis, rafting, canyoning....  the family will love it and you could probably fit say 3 half days on the bike....  i'll do you a good deal

Had to google dcree nisi as never been married...  gamaphobia