This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wheels
hi all
im kinda thinking bout getting these wheels
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAVIC-D521-TRUVATI...240%3A1318
if i can get them for the rite price would they be worth getting?  id have to have them builr up onto my hubs to take the discs tho.
Personally I probably wouldn't. You can buy Mavic disk specific rims brand new for £20 each.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Personally I probably wouldn't. You can buy Mavic disk specific rims brand new for £20 each.
just as i said chris Wink
yeah but them rims are wicked
if you really want some new rims then save up and buy a whole wheelset, better value for money and you've got someone to blame if you cack it up Wink

im looking into getting some hope pro 2's laced into my sun singletrack rims, do i faintly remember someone saying downloands will fit thme for free  Undecided
Yep if you buy the hubs from them they should build them up for free. They didn't charge to fit my headset to the Inbred.
I think a wheel build will normally cost about £30 each wheel (not sure as I always build me own). If Downlands do that for free that'll be a bargain. Fitting a headset is just a few minutes work, buiilding wheels is a different ballgame.

Building onto secondhamd rims is always a bit of a gamble if you dont know their history. Dont forget to factor in the cost of new spokes.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:I think a wheel build will normally cost about £30 each wheel (not sure as I always build me own). If Downlands do that for free that'll be a bargain. Fitting a headset is just a few minutes work, buiilding wheels is a different ballgame.

Building onto secondhamd rims is always a bit of a gamble if you dont know their history. Dont forget to factor in the cost of new spokes.

Agreed - get a new wheelset if you need one.  I'd be suprised if downlands would build you a wheel for free!
"pittgoat" Wrote:Agreed - get a new wheelset if you need one.  I'd be suprised if downlands would build you a wheel for free!
I didn't know they charged that much. Mine are over 2 years old now so they have probably put their prices up several times since. I don't remember Herbert's charging me to build my wheels.
"Treehugger" Wrote:I didn't know they charged that much. Mine are over 2 years old now so they have probably put their prices up several times since. I don't remember Herbert's charging me to build my wheels.

Well its worth asking - they can only say no!!