This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day trip to Wales
Just a little report about our Day trip to Wales yeasterday.

First of we did Penheeeaddd (something like that) trail at Afan forest, then we did Whites level at glengoric.

Then we went to Cwm Carn and did the DH course ( On the uplift  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile ) we pulled up in the car park to find a young lad with a hole in his knee cap from a crash he ahd on the DH runs  :X  We all got chatting to Steve Jones from Dirt Mag who was testing a DH evil bike, he seemed like a nice bloke. anyway i am a bit tired so am going to leave you with some pics and vids.

resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
[media width=500]http://www.pinkbike.com/video/86987/[/media]
[media width=500]http://www.pinkbike.com/video/86989/[/media]
You lucky barstewards!

Good vid's. Is that jump really as easy as you two make it look? What did you think of the rest of the DH course? It doesn't look much different difficulty wise than most of the stuff in Glentress and Inners from the vid's i'v seen, with the exception of the massive jumps. Glad you had a good time. Did you take your helmet cam Russ?
It was an excellent day!

The jump is fairly big but was pretty easy, you had to clear it or you would risk getting bucked over by the step. Id say that the DH course is steeper and more technical than anything we rode at glentress and inners. The helmet cam came along for the trip but never got put on as im to busy enjoying the riding.

Mark was going on about getting an uplift allday and it was an excellent idea, so much fun.
Where were your Sketchy shirts?!

Yeah i'll definitely do the DH course next time i go there with Kent Trails. Did you clear the jump towards the bottom where you have to turn the bike about 45deg in the air to make the landing? I think it is just after the tunnel and there are two more tabletops after it.
Not sure which one your on about, we cleared the big table top at the bottom.
Looks like a great trip fellas  ;D
What was the Alpine and Meta like on the climbs? Slower than the Meta 5 or just the same, and do the forks bob that much when your really hammering it up hill. My 36's don't have any compression damping either and i am wondering if i'm going to miss it. I hardly ever use the lock out on the Pikes but i liked to use a lot of slow speed compression damping to stop them bobbing and blowing threw their travel on steep decents.

Off to find out how much an RC2 cartridge is....
Well as you know fast accents are not my forte so I just plodded along on the uphill singing away to myself as usual (so no change there) the front does get very very light on any very steep bits though.

Andy just ride your bike and dont worry about all the other crap.  Wink  you going to have them for Sunday?
Yeah the meta6 climbs almost aswell as the 5, i didnt climb whites fast this time but it felt as if i could go alot faster if i wanted to. On really steep climbs the front gets light alot quicker. The whole bike bobs alot when im out of the saddle climbing but ive got 160mm of travel under set up with alot of sag so its to be expected, the forks to bob more than the pikes but again they have more sag.

I never used compression dampening on the pikes and dont have it on the float  but you dont see it slowing me down do you, just ride them andy and dont worry about that you dotn really need it do you?