This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee Pads
Guy after todays stacks in Surrey i need to get some knee pads. I'm sitting here now smothered in Volterol Gel hoping I can walk in the morning.

I know you all wear the 661 pads but what are they called and where is the cheapest place to get them? I'm going to ditch the shin pads as they are bulky and i've nerver actually damaged my shins in any falls.

Cheers,

Ash.
do believe the ones most of the guys on here use are 661 Karl Straights (sp?)
As Steve  says 661 Kyle straits, buy them form the link at the top of the forum (helps us all), cheapest and quick delivery. Wink
Ash go to activ near you they have 661 there, try different ones and sizes on then google the ones you like. As steve says kyle straits/ veggie and there is another one which Andy wears
Kyle straits are indeed what you need and you will need them for afan! Get them and wear them to parties.

Check the sizes on the 661 site you may possbly are a medium.

Don't get the silly expensive ones with clever gel stuff in, just get the standard ones
Cheers guys, I've had a look the Karl straits certainly seem to be the best priced, about £35, i wouldnt pay £75 for the next ones up!!  Undecided

Oh and Ben - I needed them today!!
Ash if you want to try a pair locally you can try mine.
Cheers mate, hopefully i'll see you on the trails soon??
Mine are xl so useless for you to try, but they are so snug after about 30mins you don't know you're wearing them.

Saved my kneecaps on last trip to afan when I was dispatched on a rocky section.
Ashley.....   how you doing this morning....  looked lke you enjoyed the ride yesterday and a big slap on the back for riding the drops and doing the jump....

As for the pads you will need to either try some on or have a measure up.... my legs are 38cm below the knee and 45cms above and i wear a large which fit perfectly...

As mentioned if you click the Wiggle banner on the forum then te forum will benefit by a couple of quid or so....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />