This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travelling Arrangements for 24/12
Place to discuss how everyones getting to/from the 24/12

Team list is here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p...yjN0spkUNA

For those who do NOT have a lift or cannot get to the 24/12, please post here.

(Lets keep this tidy chaps as this is quite an important topic)

If anyone has a spare seat(s) for rider, please also advertise it here.

Please refer to the team sheets if any confusion.
Please sirs/madams.....
Can I have a lift?

p.s. I've still got a roof bike carrier thingy, if ANYBODY needs to borrow it Wink
Me & my home made cakes are still after a lift!  Tongue  I think Nigel said he could take the Klein???
Pleeeeeeese....... Wink
I need a lift too
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I cant promise because I'll need to make a couple of calls but this could happen... this in no way makes this situation my fault if it all falls thro.. It also makes the assumption that people are willing to split the fuel costs which would be about £40 each as it would mean taking extra cars above what we had arranged & planned... its a 600 mile round trip on potentially shite busy roads..Its wouldn't be fair to expect those people to be financially out of pocket whilst doing others a favour.. Thoughts from the two wanting lifts ? Sorry if this sounds harsh but I couldnt think of a gentle way to break it to you.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:I cant promise because I'll need to make a couple of calls but this could happen... this in no way makes this situation my fault if it all falls thro.. It also makes the assumption that people are willing to split the fuel costs which would be about £40 each as it would mean taking extra cars above what we had arranged & planned... its a 600 mile round trip on potentially shite busy roads..Its wouldn't be fair to expect those people to be financially out of pocket whilst doing others a favour.. Thoughts from the two wanting lifts ? Sorry if this sounds harsh but I couldnt think of a gentle way to break it to you.

What did you have in mind Blayne?  I think it would go without saying (although doesn't hurt to say it) that people taking lifts would chip in for fuel money.

Let me know how your plan goes, as i may be able to drive if necessary
"Teams" should work together as I said in an original post weeks ago on how to get their stuff etc before offering up any spare space/seats - makes things much easier.
ANYWAY, back on TOPIC

Steve has a lift sorted
I need one
Ade needs one
Suzz needs one
I'm guessing Andy would need one too..

So how are we going to work it, bike's in van's and people in cars?

And as I've said before, I think bikes in vans with wheels off would be a much more economical use of space.

And yes it's only fair that we who need a lift chip in for fuel costs, kind of a no-brainer that one
And possibly chip in for a stripper some beer afterwards, though that doesn't directly apply to me  Tongue
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I'm jumping in with Longjon now.  1 down, 2 to go....
I thought we had been down this hiring a van road before & no-one was interested in that as an option then. As a mater of interest you could catch a coach for approx £20 return.

Anyway, back on topic. Im still waiting a call back from one of the Titan Team to get a definite confirmation of his intentions, at the moment I've made assumptions which is never ideal.

I try not to assume people would expect to contribute towards travel costs, I've been in the situation before when they haven't even given it a second thought, its always nice to be offered even if you don't intend to except, its when people don't even offer that I feel its sometimes a bit dissappointing, that said we are talking a fair way & a sizeable cost in fuel so  I'm sure people will contribute without exception,