This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone Farm Bike Race
Google "Capstone Farm Bike Race" for the page I got this from.

Mountain bike trail

Ride the trail around Capstone Farm Country Park and better your lap times. This short trail, for all abilities, includes some big hills and ramps. Book in advance. £1 per person.

Sunday, 19 July, 9-10.30am
Sunday, 13 September, 9-11am
Saturday, 7 November, 10am-12noon

I reckon Sketchy could come up trumps here...
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Google "Capstone Farm Bike Race" for the page I got this from.

Mountain bike trail

Ride the trail around Capstone Farm Country Park and better your lap times. This short trail, for all abilities, includes some big hills and ramps. Book in advance. £1 per person.

Sunday, 19 July, 9-10.30am
Sunday, 13 September, 9-11am
Saturday, 7 November, 10am-12noon

I reckon Sketchy could come up trumps here...
I tried to find info on this a while back, but came up blank.
I did hear the course is a bit tame, but anyone that knows where Capstone is will know there's some steeps'ens nearby Wink
Doesnt sound like a race mate - just a day to get more people out on their bikes on a course.
It's actually more of a MTB time trial.  It's a fixed loop & you simply see how fast you can get round.  How quick is up to you of course.
I spend alot of time in Capstone & have spoken with the reanger that runs these.  He was quite excited when I mentioned the prospect of SketchyMTB showing up!  I ride in Capstone too & the terrain would be tough under self "imposed race" conditions, especially in the wet.

This sort of thing is great for those looking to improve fitness as it actually shows your improvment (or otherwise :o)

Been meaning to go to one of these for ages, but since it's on my doorstep I've never made it! :B

Maybe one of us locals should check it out & report back to Sketchy HQ.
It would also be a doddle to add this into a normal BBH ride as Capstone is about 0.5miles from Lordswood Leisure Centre. :Smile

Mod - Actually over the next week or so I WILL go & ride the loop in Capstone & report. 8)
Hmm, according to the details I've posted, does that mean the race/time trial is from 9 - 10.30?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Oooh! It's this Sunday too!
I might just be persuded to swap my old plans (ride to Cantebury) for this.
Anyone?  Papa, Impished, Laggin?
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Hmm, according to the details I've posted, does that mean the race/time trial is from 9 - 10.30?

I think that's the time the ranger is prepared to stand there with his watch & actually time people as "the event."  If 4 people turn up you can have as many goes as you like.  If 400 people turn up (seruiosly unlikely) you'll need to queue! Big Grin

The loop is actually waymarked & open all the time.  "The event" merely includes a ranger with a stopwatch, I think.  Nice bloke too, his name's Christian, which strangely is his Christian Name. Undecided
His full name is Christian Name? - how cruel are his parents?!?!  Tongue

So its not a race, its a man with a stop watch?

Sounds a bit "Father Ted"...  Tongue

I pretty much time everything I do where a "lap" is concerned, but could be good to incorporate it into the BBH rides.
I couldnt even find anything in Google which is unlike me, can someone please post a url
"Breezer" Wrote:I couldnt even find anything in Google which is unlike me, can someone please post a url

http://www.medway.gov.uk/index/environme...events.htm