This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rims
I appears I need a new front rim for my bike as I've fooked my wheel big style on a set of doubles.

I have never bought a rim or a wheel so don't know what to look at. Do I need to buy a new hub? Do I need to buy new spokes? Is it cheaper to buy a whole wheel? What makes should I look at? Clearly I don't have much money to spend on this, if any at all!!

Any advice is helpfull!
"mashley" Wrote:I appears I need a new front rim for my bike as I've fooked my wheel big style on a set of doubles.

I have never bought a rim or a wheel so don't know what to look at. Do I need to buy a new hub? Do I need to buy new spokes? Is it cheaper to buy a whole wheel? What makes should I look at? Clearly I don't have much money to spend on this, if any at all!!

Any advice is helpfull!

if your feeling flash you can go for a whole new wheel ... if not you can rebuild

seeing as your doing jumps etc when i get my new ones you can have the front sun singletrack rim ... lovely rims and very tough and burly, obviously you would need it built and probally new spokes ... unfortunatly your looking at about £40 for one wheel and spokes

as i said once the new wheels arrive ill strip the old front one and you can have the rim Smile
You could buy the wheel I have offered to lend you in the race thread for £35. I was going to put it on Singletrack as im building my hard tail up lighter and its a bit big and heavy for me but more suited to your "style" heh of riding. Few years old but never needed trueing
"Breezer" Wrote:You could buy the wheel I have offered to lend you in the race thread for £35. I was going to put it on Singletrack as im building my hard tail up lighter and its a bit big and heavy for me but more suited to your "style" heh of riding. Few years old but never needed trueing

Ok, can I borrow it 2mw as go from there?? see how it is etc..
Yer sure

DONT forget your axle lol!
"Breezer" Wrote:Yer sure

DONT forget your axle lol!

Ha bloody Ha...............its in the fork!