This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycling Gear Back at Lidl
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/....index.ar1

The Jacket, Trousers and Jerseys (why you would want a Jersey now you have a SKetchy one is beyond me) are all good quality for those on a budget.

Starts on the 23rd.
will the Assorted Climbing Plants or Ferns help on the uphil rides?
thanks for that ben .... i need some trousers for the winter anyhow
trousers look a bit tight...

Im waiting for them to bring some waterproof trousers out, might get those shoes for the commute ride.
"Buzz" Wrote:trousers look a bit tight...

Im waiting for them to bring some waterproof trousers out, might get those shoes for the commute ride.

are they not waterproof then ? doubt ill be tempted then Big Grin

good point about the shoes .... im going to get a cheap pair of SPD shoes for my SPD pedals ...
I started on LIDL Spds! - worth a shot if you are just trying to see if you get on with SPD.

The trousers are very good actually, I still wear shorts over them, but great in the winter (except when claggy wet mud clings to them!)  Sad
"BMJBOY" Wrote:I started on LIDL Spds! - worth a shot if you are just trying to see if you get on with SPD.

The trousers are very good actually, I still wear shorts over them, but great in the winter (except when claggy wet mud clings to them!)  Sad

tis what i thought ... managed to get SPD shoes and pedals for less then £40 Smile

so the trousers can be used more like leg warmers then ?
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:so the trousers can be used more like leg warmers then ?

Its be proven just before WWII that trousers do keep legs warm yes.

Once that was proved they added sleeve to shirts - genius.

Proper Answer:

If they are the same as what I bought, then they are padded "leggings" type bottoms - work very well on very wintery rides, but theyre not waterproof.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Its be proven just before WWII that trousers do keep legs warm yes.

Once that was proved they added sleeve to shirts - genius.

Proper Answer:

If they are the same as what I bought, then they are padded "leggings" type bottoms - work very well on very wintery rides, but theyre not waterproof.

you know what i meant  >Sad Big Grin
Nice one - will be getting some gloves, socks and am tempted by the bike rack to go outside my door to wash the bike.  I think the mud on the white wall might be a bit messy, but as its my house - who gives a damn!