This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlook Contacts
Fellow Geekage:

Im trying to solve a little quandary for my aunty:

Shes running Outlook 2003 and needs to send a mass email to over 60 recpients in one go as part of her weekly report to staff in her immediate downline.

Its all run from home, just Outlook on a PC, no big servers blah blah.

Outlook wont let her send such an email reporting back "too many recipients" and no doubt an error number (which I dont yet have)

Can anyone advise the best way to be able to send such an email without it being blocked?

A quick google has suggested that its her ISP (Orange) that is blocking the mail.

Any ideas you geeky bunch?

I was thinking "Groups" or distribution lists but that seems to be for businesses running internal servers etc (but its still 60+ emails)
I guess they may block it as they would see it as mega spam. Get her to copy and paste the exact full error message that Outlook gives her when it fails to send.

Bodge solution for now would be split into a few emails instead of just one
"Breezer" Wrote:I guess they may block it as they would see it as mega spam. Get her to copy and paste the exact full error message that Outlook gives her when it fails to send.

Bodge solution for now would be split into a few emails instead of just one

I will do, but we are talking about someone who struggles to find the on switch here.....

Bodging doesnt help at the moment - will probably mean ME doing it! (which isnt ideal at the mo as Im busy)