This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone Park Mountain Bike Trail
"Kris (Capestone Park Ranger & Mountain Bike Trail guide)" Wrote:Hi Adrian
Thanks for taking the time to come along to the ride out this morning, Hope it was not what you were expecting looking at the post before ;D  Big Grin
Thanks for showing me round the Capestone trail.

"Kris" Wrote:We know its not going to be the best track in the county but its something that we can offer to local's as a bit of fun and exercise. For those that have slated it come down ride round it with me and show me what change's we can make im more than happy to take the time to improve it if and when we can get the money to do so.  

Kris
:BI will confess that I made my previous posts based on an assumption.   I am pleased to say, I was wrong. ;D
I think, what you've started there is a damn good trail.  Yes, it's a bit short, but only if you stick rigidly to the marked route. Wink
Considering the fact that, from what you were saying, you pretty much designed/implemented/maintain the trail single-handedly, I really think you've done, and are doing, a good job.
It is a shame the council won't loosen the purse strings a bit sooner, but I 'spose that's the way they've gotta be.

There's a bit of interest for all.  There are a couple of short/sharp climbs and a couple of South-Downs-Way-style fast grassy decents and some rather nice, rooty singletrack.
From talking to Kris today, it's clear that he has plenty of ideas for the trail and he's already identified a few places where the trail could split to allow for more technical sections (in a red/blue route style).

It would be great if Kris could meet us for one of the Bluebell Hill rides, starting at Lordswood leusire centre.  Then he could show us how quick and easy it is to incorporate the trail into our normal route.

Personally, I am quite excited by the acorn that Kris has sown in the woods around Capstone Park Country Park.  And we know what little acorns turn into Smile
"impished" Wrote:Thanks for showing me round the Capestone trail.

:BI will confess that I made my previous posts based on an assumption.   I am pleased to say, I was wrong. ;D
I think, what you've started there is a damn good trail.  Yes, it's a bit short, but only if you stick rigidly to the marked route. Wink
Considering the fact that, from what you were saying, you pretty much designed/implemented/maintain the trail single-handedly, I really think you've done, and are doing, a good job.
It is a shame the council won't loosen the purse strings a bit sooner, but I 'spose that's the way they've gotta be.

There's a bit of interest for all.  There are a couple of short/sharp climbs and a couple of South-Downs-Way-style fast grassy decents and some rather nice, rooty singletrack.
From talking to Kris today, it's clear that he has plenty of ideas for the trail and he's already identified a few places where the trail could split to allow for more technical sections (in a red/blue route style).

It would be great if Kris could meet us for one of the Bluebell Hill rides, starting at Lordswood leusire centre.  Then he could show us how quick and easy it is to incorporate the trail into our normal route.

Personally, I am quite excited by the acorn that Kris has sown in the woods around Capstone Park Country Park.  And we know what little acorns turn into Smile

Err, i'm not very good at nature stuff....   is it squirrel food
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
sounds like you are doing a great job kris ! are you the only one on the project ? im sure theres a few guys that will happily come along and help you build and maintain some of the trails ... everyone loves a good build day !
Hi Kris & Ade,

Big thank you to Kris for today and yesterday when you came to the rescue with your first aid kit! just realised we were meant to give you some money for today, completely forgot due to us being late!
Was great to meet you too Ade!
Loved the track up in I think Hook woods, just realised the way I normally go to get up to the same place near North dane way, its the wider track that is further up shawstead lane before the sharp left hander.
Hopefully we will be able to make it to the next ride out, but then one or other of us will probably maybe see you up there before then.
As was said today, yeah it's short but you can link it up to other paths or for fitness make up a loop and do that as many times as you like,anywhere that I can go to blast down some trails and I'm happy anyway! ;D

See you around guys.
I would.. As long as it's a jump/drop or something sketchy..
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I am now unfortunately this was set up with my best mate, work mate more like a brother that was killed in a motor bike accident last year on the 21st July and this is why i have carried on working on this as a project. Im more than happy to add soe dates to make the track more interesting if people want me to.  

Ali it was good to meet you guys and ride around with you all im sure we will ge together for some more riding in the not to distant future.  Dont worry about the money its was worth your time for the feed back to how we can more forward.  

Kris
I'd be happy to join you again for a ride.  And I'd be happy to take part in a "Bedgebury"-style build day.
I'm sure Ali could give us a bit of inside info on how that gets arrange, eh Wink

(Nice to meet you at last, BTW)
&quot;Kris&quot; Wrote:I am now unfortunately this was set up with my best mate, work mate more like a brother that was killed in a motor bike accident last year on the 21st July and this is why i have carried on working on this as a project. Im more than happy to add soe dates to make the track more interesting if people want me to.  

Ali it was good to meet you guys and ride around with you all im sure we will ge together for some more riding in the not to distant future.  Dont worry about the money its was worth your time for the feed back to how we can more forward.  

Kris

im really sorry to hear that matey Sad

im more then willing to come down and help out if it means more trails for riders, im sure a few other guys would come along as well Smile
Im sure i can set up something with out to much hassle we got all the tools needed to make a good task day. Might be worth starting out with some ramps and stuff through the woodland section.  I will look into adding the other woodland track into the course somehow.
&quot;Kris&quot; Wrote:Im sure i can set up something with out to much hassle we got all the tools needed to make a good task day. Might be worth starting out with some ramps and stuff through the woodland section.  I will look into adding the other woodland track into the course somehow.

Sounds like an interesting opportunity for duel publicity pics there Tongue