This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Learns Photography!
Here are SOME of the good pictures taken today:

resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim

Not clear but I think it's good:
resim

SketchyMTB Gorilla celebrates...
resim

ALL pics here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m172/not-a-chav/aaaa/">http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m172 ... chav/aaaa/</a><!-- m -->
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
really like this one :

resim

can clearly see the photos gradually getting better through the day Big Grin
Aye! They're in no order at all, but when I was flicking back through them on the cam you started out good very quickly and got alot better quicker still.. I reckon you could pretty much master it within hours of solid practice at 24/12, then simply fine tune it/experiment..
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Perhaps a bit of panning with the rider would erase the blurring - there is a technical term for it...

I learned it at the British Grand Prix years ago - if I can track an F1 car and take SUPERB shots - then its possible with a biker.

I should really get into it again as (IMHO) Im not too shabby when the mood takes me.
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Perhaps a bit of panning with the rider would erase the blurring - there is a technical term for it...

I learned it at the British Grand Prix years ago - if I can track an F1 car and take SUPERB shots - then its possible with a biker.

I should really get into it again as (IMHO) Im not too shabby when the mood takes me.

ah but you must think ive never taken a picture of a moving object before in my life ... i struggle to get a good picture of something stationary  :B

thanks for the tip though Smile plenty of time for photos at 24/12 though !
Some good angles there. Personally im not a fan of blurred action shots whether its cycling or car related. I prefer to have the main object in focus and the background blurred to get an idea of movement or have both in focus.
I will find my BEST ever photo Ive ever taken - its of Michael Schumacher entering the pit lane at the GP with hundreds of fans leaning over the barriers while he waves - picture is perfect and also tells a good story (coz he won!) - we was probably still doing 100+ mph before he hit the pitlane limit line.

This pic was taken while "panning" recently - only let down my my camera - Im going to ensure the settings are right next time - its too grainy.

resim
its like NYD all over again with the red and black bikes !

resim
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Some good angles there. Personally im not a fan of blurred action shots whether its cycling or car related. I prefer to have the main object in focus and the background blurred to get an idea of movement or have both in focus.

think this is about as close as i got to focus on the rider blurry background :

resim

im quite chuffed with them actually  ;D some real good ones in there
Best way I find with panning shots is to prefocus the distance then follow the object in and take the shot at the point where you pre focused then continue panning briefly. I took this with a £100 17mm thick pocket camera, I would like a dslr but need plastic surgery first

resim

Used the same camera on lots of my rally trips, cars doing 80 odd are fine as long as you do the above. A decent dslr you can probably focus on the fly I expect.

resim

Red bikes, heh bit like that ride we did at Blean on new years day! Are you using the flash in that shot above? Bit trickier if you do that but then if its a dark wood you dont have much choice.