This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights, spending limit.
How much is an acceptable amount to spend on lights?

What have you all spent?
I spent c.£65 on 2 x Fenix (and c.£1,000,000 on batteries since :'()
and £135 on the Airbike bar light.
Probably the best combo for budget £££, IMHO.
Niteflux Photon Max = £150
2x Fenix L2D + Rechargables and Mounts = £100.

No point skimping on lights, but the Fenix route is a good one - Rob (Burnsy) has 3x Fenix 2lD which was great for the 24/12 and that was about £110 all in.

Depends what you want to spend, the more you have, the more choices you have.

You can never have enough light on a technical trail.
I was really impressed with Nigels Hope 4 but it is a bit pricey!
"Buzz" Wrote:I was really impressed with Nigels Hope 4 but it is a bit pricey!

You only used it on half power why not look at the Hope 2,

I've got a Lupine edison 5, but you now need a second mortgage to get one, but you wont be dissapointed
STW has Hope's cropping up all the time.

I was quite surprised I got over 2hrs out of my Niteflux - but I did turn it off on the road climb(s) and the flat grass field.

What you are essentially paying for is battery life.

Not that Ive used them, but Ay-Up's have great reviews.
A fenix on the bars and a Hope 4 would be about 300ish, thats do able.
"Buzz" Wrote:A fenix on the bars and a Hope 4 would be about 300ish, thats do able.

Other way around possibly? - Brighter light on the bars is my preference - Fenix on the head for looking a tad ahead in the turns.
Hope HID's eudurance set at approx £350 on the bars & a Hope LED4 on the helmet at another £300... Loads of light but at a cost of coarse. That said, I've used them loads & loads & loads & no on cost in batteries.  8)
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Hope HID's eudurance set at approx £350 on the bars & a Hope LED4 on the helmet at another £300... Loads of light but at a cost of coarse. That said, I've used them loads & loads & loads & no on cost in batteries.  8)

i need to get in contact with you about some hope lights in a week or so's time Wink