This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fowlmead Summer Sizzler - Race 4
The Fowlmead Summer Sizzler - Race 4 is on 20th August.

Enter here

I have. ;D

slopes off to find a working chain tool this time....

...and a pump :B
ill enter nearer the time but ill hopefully be there Smile
I'll be there too Smile Will also enter nearer the time.

Nigel- Can you make this one? If so would it be OK to borrow the hardtail? If not i might build the Inbred up just for the race if i can get hold of a headset and front shifter.
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'll be there too Smile Will also enter nearer the time.

Nigel- Can you make this one? If so would it be OK to borrow the hardtail? If not i might build the Inbred up just for the race if i can get hold of a headset and front shifter.

OH SHIT!!!!
you will not need a front shifter at fowlmead, just go middle ring and crank the big hill.
Keep it foolish...
I should be game for this one, if work commitments allow...
I'm intending to ride this one too Smile
I will check with my darts team tonight what's due then, as thats the final week(s) fixture and I might be needed.

I really should finish the 4th race, so I will try and ensure I can make it.

Lets hope the course is similar to race 3.
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'll be there too Smile Will also enter nearer the time.

I've got a BNIB 1 1/8" A head set.  That's surplus to requirements.  If my memory serves it's a Cane Creek in silver, it has external cups, ie not integrated.  Yours for £15 if it's any use.
Only downside is that Lagginbehind currently has it (I think) so it'll take me a few days track it down!
Do you need a shifter or mech?  I have a couple of mechs, but no shifters.
Let me know.
Only need middle ring except that 1 tiny climb but I go up that in 4th in the granny which must be similar to 10th so im sure you could do the whole thing with just a middle ring. Think of the weight saving  Wink