This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get well soon Jim
Unfortunately today on BBH there was an accident, riding the 'sketchy' stuff down from the main bombhole. We was riding down the bermy section and stopped at the drop off. Jim gave it a go...

Landed fine but on the wrong line, slid off into a tree which well and truly winded him and one of the bones in his shoulder didn't look too clever as he came down on his shoulder but slid into the tree. Wasn't overly hard, but they're not sure if he's broken it or not.

Got him down onto Boxley Hill, where I had what could only be described as a disagreement with the woman on the other end of the 999 call centre
"Where are you?"
"Boxley Hill, outside J.Dowle Saw Mill"
"What town?"
"BOXLEY!!"
"I need a postcode"
"I'm a mountain biker, I don't know the postcode. I have a grid reference for you though"
"That's no good, I need a postcode"
"So the full address minus the postcode of the sawmill is not enough then no?"

In the end she passed me on to another operator, but oh man, what a bitch!

And anyway, they sent an ambulance from Medway, which took the wrong turning, so they dispatched another one, from Medway, which came up from Boxley/Bearstead... So went the long way. In the end, first one scene was a lady in the paramedic car, who was having her lunch in the pub 5 minutes down the road!
So there you have it folks, if your on Boxley Hill/ Pilgrims way and in need of an ambulance, don't expect them to find you, because apparently it DOESN'T EXIST! - Her words not mine.

Pics:
resim
resim
resim

Get Well soon Jim,
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Oh dear.... :'(
Hope he's alright.
hope you're ok matey, fingers crossed...
Keep it foolish...
all the best mate, hope its not to bad ! did look like a rather nasty impact !

was good to meet you and simon (think thats your name sailor  :B)
Get well soon mate....................
Get well soon Jim, hope it's not too bad.
Get well soon, never nice to see a fellow rider hurt. Fingers crossed its not to bad.
Swift recovery Jim - lets hope its just a bruised ego and you can be back out for a mass ride real soon.

All the best.
+1 for the get well messages.  We all hate to see fellow riders getting hurt and i hope its not as bad as is feared.  Here's to a speedy recovery mate
Heard from simon (sailor) a few days ago and it sounds as if jim has done himself some big damage ... broken shoulder bone and shattered shoulder blade, hope all is going smoothly for you jim *fast healing vibes* hope to see you out soon