This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Lube?
A potential can of worms and a title sure to send this off topic but what lubes do you guys use?  :B  Do you switch between dry and wet lubes for the summer/winter or stick with one all year round? Any recommendations?

Let the jokes commence....
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I stick to FinishLine wet lube.  I tried dry but I'm just not strict enough with my cleaning/lubing regime to get the best effect from dry lube.  So I just bung on wet and hope for the best. :Smile
I have both but havent really compared, but the Finish Line dry lube is supposedly not very good and alot of people use wet lube all year round (I'm one of them now) and it is very good. Also good to have a can of GT85 laying about
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
+1 for Finish Line Wet.

Its a green "slime" of a lube which works very well all year round.

I used to use White Lightening which contains wax, then when during a heavy maintenance session notice the wax had built up like a candle in on of my jockey wheels and is an arse to remove.

CRC (Chain Reaction Cycles) Is currently the cheapest, as Ive just bought a 120ml bottle from there.

Good lubing goes hand in hand with good cleaning - Regular degreasing/cleaning of the drivetrain, then lubing keeps things running sweet.

The difference between a wet and dry lube is nonsense IMHO - as one is less "sticky" - as long as you regularly clean the drivetrain (which you should anyway) then Wet is the way to go all year round.
Purple extreme, it makes sense
I used to use to use Finishline Wet in the winter & Epic White Lightning in the summer.  Have recently been experimenting with Fenwicks range of cleaning products and have found there chain lube to be good and doesnt seem to attach to much clag.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
I use this and it is so much better than finishline.

http://www.progoldmfr.com/products/prolink.html

All year round, it doesnt get gunked up like finishline wet and it doesnt get washed off when it gets wet. Its really good.
another one for the finish line wet lube  Smile
Well sounds like Finish Line is the way forward although Im tempted by Buzz's offering and having looked through the suppliers I can get some in Sidcup which is only round the corner from me. Cheers fellas
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I use motorbike chain lube its alot cheaper and lasts for ages.