This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bedgebury Dirt Jump run
Got the camera out for a couple of runs down the short DJ track at Bedgebury earlier. Loosely cable tied on hence a bit of shaking and it was getting dark so it starts going grainy but you get the idea. I should have put it on earlier as I was caining some of the singletrack at silly speeds (for me at least)

Mark: have you got your contour yet? Wondering what thats like in low light as my older one is quite poor if under heavy trees and low light

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8BospWIHNM[/media]
"Breezer" Wrote:Mark: have you got your contour yet? Wondering what thats like in low light as my older one is quite poor if under heavy trees and low light

No not got it yet will hopefully have in time for Afan.
[quote="Breezer"]Got the camera out for a couple of runs down the short DJ track at Bedgebury earlier. quote]

Nice vid, I've been thinking about getting one of those little flip video cameras and experimenting with strapping that to my bike with some cable ties.
Nice Vid - shows the difference between yours and mine as mine does suffer from vibration.

Although, had an email this morning that a NEW Tachyon has just been released AND another system which allows you to (wait for it.............) film in 3D!!!!

Im gonna email them and see if I can swap out for the new one as mine is faulty and theyve already agreed to replace it, so common sense would say I could simply pay the difference.

http://www.tachyoninc.com/main.html
Yours wobbles more than shakes presumably due to a poor attempt at dealing with the vibration in hw/sw. Try mounting it differently. I thought mine was rubbish due to all the shaking until I mounted it solidly on my frame (not in these vids!) and found it was smooth and all the shaking had been due to the helmet mount. Even with it cable tied to my helmet (um) in the last clip in the above video it still shakes a bit and thats with the helmet done up uncomfortably tight but it will still move slightly.

Was mounted a lot tighter in this vid which I put in another thread and you can see theres no shaking, only movement with the bike. The end chasecam one moves a bit as its on the saddle bag plastic mount which moves, note how bad it is in low light though which is its worst thing

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHAPty2WMt4[/media]
All the mounts that come with it are not great, none "really" suited to helmet mounting unless I have a full face helmet on a seperate goggles as theres a strap mount for those.

To reduce the shaking I ensure my helmet is on tight, but you cant ride like that for long, so only wear it tight for any special trails of note.

Will try mounting on the bike, I like that angle.