This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And you think your local loop is hard
Check out these two guys going for the world record attempt. Ive been following there blog for a while now, makes an interesting read if youve got a bit of spare time. I first got interested in this sort of stuff after reading mark beaumonts book about his world record.

This guy is currently 132 days in and ridden 12520miles
http://www.globecycle.org/

This guy is currently 59 days in and ridden 6153miles
http://www.thisisnotforcharity.com/index.html

Nutters
Don't fancy giving it a go then Russ
Now i know im going to get flammed for this but i have some strange urge to go touring on a bike, i just think it would be excellent to see parts of the country at the slow motion of a bike.
"Buzz" Wrote:Now i know im going to get flammed for this but i have some strange urge to go touring on a bike, i just think it would be excellent to see parts of the country at the slow motion of a bike.

Not at all - it appeals to me too.  I love the idea that you'd carry everything you need and just ride, having a proper look around on your way  8)
Sounds like a plan Smile  I'd love to do something like that too.
Great so my nice peaceful tour has now turned into a mass group ride....
"Buzz" Wrote:Great so my nice peaceful tour has now turned into a mass group ride....

Lol - i didn't say i wanted to do it with you Russ.  What a bighead!  Wink
lol

Andy i dont think you would make it round the world, you would need a support truck following you constantly with spare parts. Smile
I've been following Mark Beaumont here for quite a while on his new journey

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/cyclingtheamericas/">www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/cyclingtheamericas/</a><!-- w -->

I would love to do something like this, I think the solo adventure thing is something that would appeal to most MTBers...

There was that other nutter that Ewan and Charlie bumped into in Africa on the long way down?? he was solo human powered around the world! Cycling, rowing the atlantic etc...  took him years!  

I think he finished recently, kind of put two guys on motorbikes to shame watching him pedal off into the distance!

If you like your bikes check out Koga-Miyata for expedition bikes, awsome stuff.
Cheers Chrissy i forgot he was doing this!