This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7
Installing now as the final RTM release came out this morning to people on the developer network. My XP laptop had been a bit flaky the last month but then its on its original install from 2 years ago and I use it every day, quite a miracle really. Held off till this came out so I could do a clean install, lets hope its better than Sh1tsta as I didnt even bother trying the beta or RC of this
lol, a clean XP install will use about 125megs of Ram, this is using 830! I think Iim going to need more than 2GB in this laptop!
So what's it like then?? I really want to upgrade from XP and as you and many others have said, Vista is a bit pants... When is it being released?
October I think. Not really used it yet, just copying files across. I can't see it offering me anything over XP, just looks nicer. At the end of the day I surf, email, process videos etc, I can do that on any OS ie this main PC of mine is Ubuntu. Ive ony installed it as its free through work.