This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Newbie
Hi,

Stumbled across this forum probably the wrong way round and by accident by finding the FaceBook group first this morning, only to discover that the forum was down

Anyhoo, I've signed up now on your shiny new forum.

I'm fairly new to MTBing, Got my bike 6months ago and have really got the bug.

In those 6 months I have already worn out a cassette and chain on many laps of Bedgebury (I go about twice a week) as well as taken in Cardinham Woods & Lanhydrock in Cornwall, Sherwood Pines in Nottinghamshire, a Lap of Bewl Water and some other random stuff.

I'm absolutely loving it and am already eyeing up my next purchase and planning a South Downs Way ride, planning some French trails in Limousin while I'm there in the summer and thinking about the London-Brighton Off Road ride in Sept.

Here's my current ride;

resim

I hope to learn a lot from this community and maybe provide some helpful input of my own.

Cheers all,

JB
Welcome Jonboy, sounds like you've properly got the bug! Smile You've done some good rides already, hope you can join us on some of the regular weekly rides soon Wink Oh and can highly reccomend the South Downs Way, is an excelent ride, i've done it 3 times now. Well, 2 and a half technically lol.
Welcome.

I did the L2B off road this year, though I jacked it in at 50 miles. I found it really dull up to mile 50, though I quit because I was struggling rather than due to boredom. I won't bother again.
Blackers Wrote:Welcome.

I did the L2B off road this year, though I jacked it in at 50 miles. I found it really dull up to mile 50, though I quit because I was struggling rather than due to boredom. I won't bother again.
A couple of the KT guys did it this year,and talk of a 30 mile bit along a dissused railway line convinced me never to do it myself, they both said it was really boring.
Are there good trails in Limousin? There's a massive forest area that would be great for exploring by the look of it. It's great to get out on the bike and do some exploring anyway. Nice looking bike too.

Anakin and I were in Fontainbleau (nowhere near Limousin, just a bit south of Paris instead) a few years ago for a climbing holiday. The weather was too damp to climb but we had the bikes and so rode a cheeky rambler's trail. We didn't see another person so that makes it ok, yeah? That was some of the most fun I've had on the bike, following painted marks on rock formations, threading it through tight rocky chutes, dead slow, really techy riding that I've not experienced anywhere in the UK.

I don't know what the French rules are like for bikes on unmarked trails, but if they are like the rules for driving then I'm sure they are nothing more than recommendations Wink

Yes Blackers / Breezer, I like riding dead slow. Does it show?
Keep it foolish...
alkali Wrote:Are there good trails in Limousin? There's a massive forest area that would be great for exploring by the look of it?

Yeah it seems so, it's a regular holiday destination of ours and as I'm new to cycling is never thought of taking a bike, but a quick Google has shown a load of routes on Wikiloc with GPX data around Gueret near the Wolf Sancturary, which is very close to where we go, and there's a British run firm (I think Kent Based) called Bonkers Frog who do activity holidays (including MTB trails) in La Creuse, very close to where we stay.

alkali Wrote:Nice looking bike too.

Thanks