This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope Light Prices
Sorry been away for a week & I know there has been a bit of Forum gossip on lights so here are the prices I can get the Hopes for

Hope LED 4 rrp £300... £232 collected from me (Lordswood)
Hope LED 2 rrp £195... £150 collected from me

Endurance sets available.. Add £35 for the LED2 or £50 for the 4's

Can post on for cost or arrange delivery amongst ourselves.  8)

PM me if interested

Edit: the above prices have changed very slightly (about £5). Since I've now ordered a set of each I've found that the web page prices hadn't been updated since their price increase..
Nice prices there - shame I have lights as I would have gone for one easily.

[Unless I feel an Ebay cash-fest coming on!.......]  Wink
What is your personal experience of battery life on the 4's? Says 2hrs15 on max, what about with the endurance pack?
"Breezer" Wrote:What is your personal experience of battery life on the 4's? Says 2hrs15 on max, what about with the endurance pack?

I've never had the need to run them on full for the full length of a ride, but for sure they seem to last a long time. Lesser settings are plenty bright enough & I only use the brightest for when its needed. I normally do 2 rides then charge them even though they arent flat (about 2 hrs a piece I guess) & have yet to run out of battery on a ride..
The Endurance is the same battery but just two of them. I did toy with the idea of getting another battery should I have battery issues, but never have, so never did.

MrNut has had his for longer than me but I think will come to the same conclusion..... its a mother bright light for sure.  
Cheers. Planning on getting something in a couple of months. Probably between the Hope 4 and the Enduro Maxx 2. The latter has the benefit that its all in 1 bit but the Hope is brighter hmmmmmmmm
I use mine helmet mounted & have the battery either in my rear pocket or camelbak
Is that because the spread isnt good enough as a main light (one of my main worries about going to led from 35+W Halogen) or because you have some even more mental light on your bars as well?
The spread & depth is exceptionally good for a LED light... but yes I do also have a Hope HID on the bike.
The one thing I noticed many years back from going from 35W Halogen lights to the HID was that distance wasnt as great as that of my Cateyes, that said, the useable light & terrain definition was much better. The reason I have a helmet light is to see around the corners thro the twisty single track. In truth with the LED4 I dont really need the HID as the 4 over powers it.... but I have them, so I use them. Their second hand value isn't great as everybody seems to be going the LED way now so I haven't bothered to sell them.  
"Breezer" Wrote:Is that because the spread isnt good enough as a main light (one of my main worries about going to led from 35+W Halogen) or because you have some even more mental light on your bars as well?

I run my Hope 4 on my helmet as my only light, it is good enough to run on 1 on easy trails, 2 is the setting i normally ride with and 3 for really sketchy or very fast sections.... never used 4

It lasts for ages on 2 with occassional 3...   about 5 hours

I like the softer light as i'm quite blind as it is good for definition....  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />