This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Emulsion from my Car
I'm not really into cars. If it gets me where im going im happy. Nevertheless I was pretty peesed awf when some gits lobbed a tin of emulsion all over my car. So much so that it has been written off by my Insurers. I hope to buy back the salvage so my question is this...

Anybody got any suggestions as to the best way to remove emulsion from a car?
If i caught somebody doing that to my car i wouldn't be held responsible for my actions >Sad  Vandals are the lowest form of scum, i can't believe the amount of damage the sh*ts have done to Nicks car!
As far as i know there isn't a way without ruining the the paint finnish. Best bet is have a word with someone in a car sprayers, or have a nose in some of the car forums.  Would it not be easier just t claim the insurance money and get a new car? Oh wait, you work in insurance....
Written off so he would have got the insurance money, idea is buy it back cheap, fix as well as possible then sell it. Cant help with the query though im afraid, Google I guess. Also worth finding out the price of a cheap respray, £500 perhaps if non metallic? May be worth it if the car can then get you a couple of K or more
"Treehugger" Wrote:If i caught somebody doing that to my car i wouldn't be held responsible for my actions >Sad  Vandals are the lowest form of scum, i can't believe the amount of damage the sh*ts have done to Nicks car!
As far as i know there isn't a way without ruining the the paint finnish. Best bet is have a word with someone in a car sprayers, or have a nose in some of the car forums.  Would it not be easier just t claim the insurance money and get a new car? Oh wait, you work in insurance....

Sorry to hear both yours and nicks cars have been vandalized  :o what did they do to nicks then ? Really cant see the point in scumbags like that ... what do they gain from it ? nothing !

Im guessing a lot of elbow grease and wire wool could do it ? although you would need it resprayed

either that or a very high pressure washer just on the emulsion paint ? and a lot of touch up paint ?

Ill have to ask my step dad as he spilt a can on his van once ! think he went down the route of blasting it off and then respraying though ...
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:Sorry to hear both yours and nicks cars have been vandalized  :o what did they do to nicks then ? Really cant see the point in scumbags like that ... what do they gain from it ? nothing !

Im guessing a lot of elbow grease and wire wool could do it ? although you would need it resprayed

either that or a very high pressure washer just on the emulsion paint ? and a lot of touch up paint ?

Ill have to ask my step dad as he spilt a can on his van once ! think he went down the route of blasting it off and then respraying though ...
They keyed virtually every panel, plus snapped off all his wiper blades the evening before driving to Afan! I couldn't believe how calm he was about it, i would have been spitting feathers!
What you need is a random orbital polisher and varying levels of abrasive polish and polishing pads, they are very expensive though.

Ring a professional detailer and get a quote.

You could try fine 1400 wet and dry.

Steve wirewool is the worst idea ever, your go right through the laquer and paint.
"Treehugger" Wrote:They keyed virtually every panel, plus snapped off all his wiper blades the evening before driving to Afan! I couldn't believe how calm he was about it, i would have been spitting feathers!

bloody hell ! i honestly cant see the point in it :Smile

Just been on the phone to my step dad and he said he tried using a non cellulose paint thinner and lots of rubbing didnt get muchof f then had the whole bonnet resprayed because he just couldnt be bothered with it !
Nitromorse is the stuff isn't it?

I also would not be held responsivble if I found anyone doing that to any car. I'm one of those who parks in the furthest spot away from tescos to avoid parking dings and idiots with trolleys.

What these idiots need is a f*cking good kicking, and then painting themselves.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Nitromorse is the stuff isn't it?

I also would not be held responsivble if I found anyone doing that to any car. I'm one of those who parks in the furthest spot away from tescos to avoid parking dings and idiots with trolleys.

What these idiots need is a f*cking good kicking, and then painting themselves.

Couldnt agree more. Although I actually found it quite funny when I discovered the act for some reason. Christ knows why. The culprits also vandalised the building site opposite and glued all the windows shut on the houses.

The plan is as Breezer says...to buy the salvage and arrange the repairs myself. And pocket the balance. The car (a 2004 Fiesta) has a market value of just under £4k according the glasses guide so I should be quids in.
I had emulsion removed from my car a few months back now, not to the same extent though. The company next door to me at work was having some painting done using a spray machine, something went wrong & speckled all the cars outside with white paint.. They got someone in with a random orbital sander type thing in to remove it all. The downside is they cant do the glass, rubber or the matt finish trim. Saying that, those things you could probably get from a breakers yard. Would be hard work but definitely worth doing.