This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh no what have I done?!?!
I've just brought some Spuds and relevant footwear... By the time I get them Steve will of probably (no chance) have no more clipless moments... So all eyes are on me... Oh Christ Big Grin
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Good to hear ! i love them !

Did you order the same ones as me then ?
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:Good to hear ! i love them !

Did you order the same ones as me then ?

Yeah, wanted some shoes like that for ages, easy to do up/undo, none of this laces crap.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
My first spd shoes had laces which were fine until you get wet muddy cold feet ie 90% of the year in the UK. Coupled with them being stiff around the ankle meant you couldnt just slide them off so it led to lots of cursing trying to undo the wet laces with numb fingers. Velcro is far better!
oh no more clipped in gays!
Does anyone else on here ride both? It either seems to be the flat pedal pros like Russ and Mark or the uphill skiers like the rest  Big Grin

I however use both. Been on flats on the Inbred and Zesty for over 3 weeks, before that spds were on the Zesty for a couple of fast laps up Bedgebury. Been back and forth for years, spd for xc, flats for playtime/street/dh

I have no issues swapping between both however I am finding my V8's a bit nasty on the Inbred after my Superstar thing which are a lot bigger and far better suited to my size 12's!
Dont need clips to go up hills fast, think i proved that at 2412.
You're fit though  Smile  Im not so need all the help I can get plus I have seriously buggered hamstrings which play up big time if I dont pedal properly in circles on long rides so spds help me there but they have no place on dh singletrack etc!
I'm mainly just giving them a try, probably be a while before I use them off road. Did feel like a nice pedal motion too and I was only trying it for a literally a minute..

Hopefully it will help with the hills as at times I struggle on my flats, and my ride to work is quite simply one big hill
Smaller disc rotors would have a bigger effect up hill  Smile