This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bedgebury mtb course for the girls.
Hi,

A bit short notice I know, but just thought I would put a word out in case there are any ladies out there wondering where to go for a mtb course in the next few weeks.
The dates are 29th August & 5th Sept, both are Saturdays and the cost is £15 for both days, it's an intermediate course as it is a follow on from the 1st course that was held earlier in the year, but saying that as long as you ride fairly regularly and have basic off/on road skills you will be okay, have a look at the website if you are interested.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/courses.html">http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/courses.html</a><!-- m -->

I am really pissed actually because these dates were settled after I had booked my holiday and so can't go, but would love to know that it has been well attended as the first course was really good, and a brilliant laugh too. Hope you are booked up Becs!

Ali.x. Smile
Cool - My other half missed the first lessons, and was keen to go, but had other plans.

Do you think she would be OK to attend this one as its more advanced?

She's ridden the ST at Bedge a couple of times under my guidance, but nothing fast or "sketchy" just an introduction really.
Was her laptime quicker than yours?

(sorry couldnt resist lol)
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Was her laptime quicker than yours?

(sorry couldnt resist lol)

Actually, shes very fit and does lots of sponsored walks/runs and she claimed that riding Singletrack is very knackering as you use pretty much all of your body to get the bike around.

She instantly had an overnight appreciation for how much effort is required to ride ST as opposed to riding on the road/beach.

Not sure of her time, we couldnt agree on what a lap was so a back handed her and told her who's boss*

*If you believe that you'll believe anything.
No worries, I'm sure she will be fine.  It's pretty relaxed although the coaches will cajole you quite alot if you feel you need to get something right but it is really up to her how much she wants to put into it.

If you need more assurance there is a 'contact Gary Scott via email' at the bottom of the courses page, as he is head coach he can give her any more info needed.
Is there anyone from the Canterbury area thinking of doing this? Anne has a transport issue but is keen to do the first Saturday (away on the second)
Keep it foolish...