This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sketchy Social Night : Sat 14th November 2009
Hi All.

It has been discussed amongst the Mods of Sketchy that we are big and scary enough to warrant meeting up for mass Sketchy Social night - for drinking, eating and general banter.

It would be a chance for all of us to meet up without any helmets on, clean, in a lit building (and not a dark dodgy carpark) and actually have a relaxing fun time with one or 19 beers.

We've agreed to set it for a few months time, to perhaps also call it the Sketchy Xmas Party!  Tongue to give everyone a chance to put it in their diaries and give us a good chance for a good turn out.

Date : Saturday 14th November 2009
Time : TBC : Whenever we want really - until whenever we want.

http://www.classicpubs.co.uk/theoldbutte...anterbury/

Any member + partners/kids/guests are welcome.

The pub serves food, so there will be opportunity to grab a bite to eat if you want to.

We are not booking anything, just all going to turn up at the pub for a relaxed morning/day/evening  Tongue of drinking and chatting.

No doubt those who want to continue the evening elsewhere have ample choices in Canterbury.. Im sure Pittgoat could give a guided tour of the cities barmaids late night venues.

What Say Ye? Who's up for it?

No doubt the Canterbury locals can offer advice on trains, hotels, B&Bs, spare sofas, solicitors, for those who need it.
Sounds like a brilliant idea, good chance to meet and chat properly rather than inbetween panting at the top of the hills!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
That pub sells real ale!! I'm in.

Who knows by then I may actually have sorted my bike out and come for a ride by then.  :o
"redwinnie" Wrote:Who knows by then I may actually have sorted my bike out and come for a ride by then.  :o

Sounds like me as well!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Its a good pub.  On Saturday they served me a cuban in a 'Stig' mug.  I was impressed!

There will be a bit of space at mine if people want to crash over and i will no doubt lead the charge to a late night venue as and when we deem fit.

Oh - i'm in by the way.
"pittgoat" Wrote:Its a good pub.  On Saturday they served me a cuban in a 'Stig' mug.  I was impressed!

There will be a bit of space at mine if people want to crash over and i will no doubt lead the charge to a late night venue as and when we deem fit.

Oh - i'm in by the way.

I'm in... and i will be looking to be out drinking til the early hours... if i can shot gun a spot at your Nick that would be wonderful....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Im in!
I'm in too of course, and can i bags the other spot on the sofa bed Wink
Me too!  8)
&quot;cupcake&quot; Wrote:Me too!  8)

What spot a place on the sofabed with Treehugger?  Dirty Girl!  Tongue

I was planning on getting picked up, but now I might try and blag some floorspace at someones if theres any going.......

Should be an interesting evening/morning.......... :o