This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CO2 pumps
Any advice on a decent one, need to be able to swop between road bike & mtb depends on which using.  Ideally one that would attach to seat post with velcro or something like that, or small enough to go in small saddlebag with spare tube.
Forget what make mine is, all similar and will do both valves. A 16g cylinder though with inevitiable slight leakage due to faffing when getting it on the valve only resulted in 10psi for me in a Fowlmead race which then lead to slow riding from tyre roll and a buckled rear wheel. If not in such a rush the results would have been better so now I carry 2x16g and will replace with 25g ones when I use them which will only be in races as I would use my pump on a normal ride.

Mine fits in a small saddle bag with a tube, multitool and 2 tyre levers
Heres my review of my one......

http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1231671502/

Its mega cheap as its unbranded, and does an excellent job.
Have you got an old soda stream laying round the house?  Wink
sodastream  - there is a blast from the past, if i get a punture at fowlmead ill fix it & then knock out some dandelion and burdock.
if you get a puncture at Fowlmead you have to try and beat my time of 3minutes 17 (GPS'd) which was for the rear wheel.
"redwinnie" Wrote:Have you got an old soda stream laying round the house?  Wink

Ahh the childhood memories come flooding back Big Grin
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:Ahh the childhood memories come flooding back Big Grin

You t*t Steve....

Your idea of historical old technology is a playstation 1!

You never had it tough steve - we where SO poor in the old days we had to put our own gas in our fizzy drinks!....

You kids these days think that day glow flourescent clothing is a new thing! - well I was there the first time around, and it was just as gay then.......... Tongue

We never had the internet Steve - we had to walk round to our mates houses to see if they where coming out to play, not MSN them with a "LOL" at the end then send them 10 texts....

We never had shoes either Steve.......

Bloody kids!  
"BMJBOY" Wrote:You kids these days think that day glow flourescent clothing is a new thing! - well I was there the first time around, and it was just as gay then.......... Tongue

I had two pairs of day glo socks, one pair left foot orange and right foot yellow and another pair the same at home.....  Tongue

So I take it soda stream won't work then? Shame would have be nice to have a digusting syrupy cola drink half way through a ride. Guess could stop at wetherspoons for same thing.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:You t*t Steve....

Your idea of historical old technology is a playstation 1!

You never had it tough steve - we where SO poor in the old days we had to put our own gas in our fizzy drinks!....

You kids these days think that day glow flourescent clothing is a new thing! - well I was there the first time around, and it was just as gay then.......... Tongue

We never had the internet Steve - we had to walk round to our mates houses to see if they where coming out to play, not MSN them with a "LOL" at the end then send them 10 texts....

We never had shoes either Steve.......

Bloody kids!  

PS1 ? im older then that Big Grin first console was a sega megadrive, then PSX, then PS1 !

We still have a sodastream system in the loft actually  :Smile I remember fighting over it with my brother when we was younger for "first drinkys" Big Grin

Back ontopic :

Ive only used a CO2 Pump once ... froze it to my hand and caused alot of pain Big Grin never touched them since... My 2 way topeak miniblaster works just fine  Smile

If your looking at it for odd use and want to strap it to the seatpost why not look at some of them "tyre in a can" jobbies ... seen a few members on here with one at fowlmead.  When you puncture just attatch and watch the tyre fill up and repiar (well thats the idea Big Grin)