This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domain Registration
Hopefully someone can help! Im looking to register a domain name but chances are it wont actually be attached to a website for about 6 months or so. Can someone point me towards a reputable site that arent going to shaft me in fee's. Im hoping to register it for a minimum of a year but a good two year deal would be better. Also the option of adding hosting to it would be nice as long as it wont cost an arm and a leg.

Any suggestions welcomed!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
This site is hosted, and domain provided by, HeartInternet.  They can just provide the domain but also offer free hosting (although a bit limited, obviously) and reasonable priced premium packages.
I have registered and hosted many sites:

1&1 Internet for your domains - dirt cheap and very reliable company

Catalyst2.com for all your hosting needs - NEVER had my site go down, and any query you have is answered literally in minutes and they also now have live chatroom advisor thingamee to connect to a techie to help you.

I must have about 10 sites/domains using the above combination.

My business relies fully in the internet 24/7, and the above has never failed me  -and theyre cheap.

I must be sitting on another 10 domains unhosted, much what you wish to do - once you are ready, you simply login to 1&1 and you have full control of your domain.
Thanks fellas, just had a look 1&1 look good but they dont register .co.uk domains (that I can see anyway) which is a shame but I may use them to reserve the .com version as well. How greedy!

<edit>Just woken up to reality and typed in 1&1.co.uk and found they do .co.uk domains! Sorry!</edit>
Not sure how it works, but the .co.uk's are oddly free, you just need to pay a service fee I think......

Not done it for a long time, but Im logging in every now and again for domain management.
I paid £2.79 for 2 years for .co.uk at HeartInternet.
Yeah just registered .co.uk and .com for £8 for a year. £2.49 for the .co.uk cant complain at that, as I say its only to sit on them for now. Thanks for the recommendation!  Smile
The .co.uk is for 2 years automatically, .com's are a year.

So now you've registered them, care to share the names? (assuming its an exciting new venture to make you rich?) - Or failing that some pretty cool free p0rn site..... 8)

Theres a tremendous amount of us geeks on here, all with varying internet know-how if you need any help.
Its actually going to be a birthday gift for my girlfriend. She is studying an interior design degree and is hoping to (at least on the side to start with) go into business so ive registered <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rawinteriordesign.co.uk/.com">www.rawinteriordesign.co.uk/.com</a><!-- w -->
Good name, great for search engines as the domain contains the fundamental business type.

Good luck with it.