This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope Vision 2
Well i finally got round to taking a few snaps of my light so here goes :

First impressions are very good ... Well built quality lights ... what else do you expect from hope !

Head unit :
resim
resim

The QR mount is very good and well built ... quick to fix on and to take off, the QR mount also allows the light to pivot on the mount to fine tune where you are looking

Battery:
resim

Great way to attatch the battery to the frame straps round the frame and then you stretch the velco round the frame/stem and battery again to secure it down,  The battery casing is well sealed aswell

Linking Parts:
resim
The cabling that links the battery and head unit together is yet again well designed !

Few snaps of it mounted on the bar :

resim

Now onto the beam shots !

Low :
resim

Medium :

resim

High :

resim

MAXX :

resim

As you can see its a bright light ! And a bargain at £145 !

Anymore questions ? Feel free to ask ... Hope this has helped someone !
You couldn't resist shoehorning a pun in there could you Big Grin Looks really good mate, i am now very tempted! What is the quoted run time on max setting? Also dose it come with an extension lead so that if you run it helmet mounted you can put the battery in your backpack? Can you come on a Blean ride soon so that i can have a go with it when properly dark?

Edit: Looking at the pictures again there dosn't seem to be any difference between high and max. Is this the case or is it down to the camera?
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:Anymore questions ? Feel free to ask ... Hope this has helped someone !
Nice review SteveT....
1 question...  Why is the 1st paving slab round and the rest square?   Tongue
All in the box mr Treehugger, havent got it all with me so couldnt take a photo

In the box you get :

Helmet Mount
QR bar mount
Long cable for helmet mount
Standard cable
Rubber plugs for QR mount (OS bars and normal bars)
Battery
Light
Charger

Quote run time is a minimum of 2 hours on the highest setting

Think its the camera, the light is much more intense on max but does cover roughly the same area and has the same throw etc just alot brighter which cant be seen in the shot !

Yep ill hopefully be there this wednesday ill take along the helmet mount and longer cable so you can have a play if you want Smile

Ade : All the slabs are odd shapes, just a bad camera angle Wink
On a serious note, how far from you to the seat in the background?
One thing i forgot to measure  :B will get a tape measure out tomorrow as its bloody cold outside right now !
Cheers Steve Smile
Nice review there steve, shows someone what they need to know, looks way bright enough for st riding.  I feel a shootout coming on (hint there you imb lads!)

with the hopes, fenix and now ay ups amongst the members perhaps sketchy can pin down the best rigs for the budget.

I'm now aiming to do my l2d and p7 review when I get a chance.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Nice review there steve, shows someone what they need to know, looks way bright enough for st riding.  I feel a shootout coming on (hint there you imb lads!)

with the hopes, fenix and now ay ups amongst the members perhaps sketchy can pin down the best rigs for the budget.

I'm now aiming to do my l2d and p7 review when I get a chance.

I would be up for that ! Maybe we could organise a night ride in one of the locations and the IMB lads bring out cameras etc and have a test ... i would happily lend the light to someone Smile

One thing i forgot to mention in the first post is the changes between light modes ... couldnt be more simple ... just hit the button on the main unit to change up through the light settings ... this means if you suddenly find yourself going from a fireroad climb(where your lights are on a lower setting) to a twisty bit of singletrack you can easily blast up through the settings
Not much diff between top settings on the Hope 4 either aparently but doesnt matter.

hard to take photo in the dark but my concern is the total lack of beam spread. Does it look like that in reality? Will be tricky at Blean or  Bedgebury if so without a helmet light or just mount it on your head (dont crash!). My old halogen setup had such a wide beam that I didnt need a helmet one