This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Electrician
Any members out there a qualified electrician? Just finished doing some decorating and need a bathroom light, two lounge lights and a dozen or so sockets and a telephone socket wired back up.

Any takers?
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
You will need to get a spark who is "Part P" registered so the job can be signed off. This is especially important if you are going to sell the property on. I'm a spark but not Part P registered, because I deal only (at the moment) with industrial installations, I can rewire 400Volts but cannot put a new socket in my own kitchen Undecided
Thanks for that, the regulations sound crazy!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"UphillDownDale" Wrote:You will need to get a spark who is "Part P" registered so the job can be signed off. This is especially important if you are going to sell the property on. I'm a spark but not Part P registered, because I deal only (at the moment) with industrial installations, I can rewire 400Volts but cannot put a new socket in my own kitchen Undecided

Same with me I am registered with gas safe (the new corgi) via my firm which means i am competent  to work on gas monday to friday but not saturday /sunday in my own time